I know this has been talked about before

BuffaloFan

Ok heres the situation, I am looking for a new TV for all the football coming up and with so many choices Id like to hear what everyone else has and why? aslo if you could have any TV in the 1-3 thousand dollar range what would you buy?

Is 60inches too much or 50 OK?

Ok heres the situation, I am looking for a new TV for all the football coming up and with so many choices Id like to hear what everyone else has and why? aslo if you could have any TV in the 1-3 thousand dollar range what would you buy?

195300[/snapback]

I have a 50" Samsung DLP HDTV. Awesome picture. They're $2499.00 at Costco right now. No burn-in problems like plasmas and no burnt pixel problems like LCD's. Best of both worlds.

As for screen size, you should measure from your normal tv-watching position to where the TV will be. Divide that in half, and that's the biggest screen size you should get, otherwise you're too close. I'm just about 100 inches away, so I bought the 50-inch.

Are you still sitting there? Get in your vehicle, get down to Costco, and buy one! What are you waiting for?

I'm a little partial, but I'm a big fan of the Dell 42" HD Plasma.

I work alongside this thing every day and the picture is absolutely incredible.

Usually $3,499, but currently has a $500 rebate making it $2,999. One of the most competitively priced HD plasmas on the market.

I have a 50" Samsung DLP HDTV.  Awesome picture.  They're $2499.00 at Costco right now.  No burn-in problems like plasmas and no burnt pixel problems like LCD's.  Best of both worlds.

As for screen size, you should measure from your normal tv-watching position to where the TV will be.  Divide that in half, and that's the biggest screen size you should get, otherwise you're too close.  I'm just about 100 inches away, so I bought the 50-inch. 

Are you still sitting there?  Get in your vehicle, get down to Costco, and buy one!  What are you waiting for?

195401[/snapback]

DLP is cool, as long as you're not one of the folks who sees the "rainbows." Almost got DLP, but ended up with standard RP - Mitsubishi Silver Plus series. No complaints.

BuffaloFan: did you check out the links in my thread in the Consumer Forum?

195300[/snapback]

How big is the room you are putting it in? What will be the viewing distance from the primary spot to the television?

DLP is cool, as long as you're not one of the folks who sees the "rainbows."  Almost got DLP, but ended up with standard RP - Mitsubishi Silver Plus series.  No complaints.

BuffaloFan: did you check out the links in my thread in the Consumer Forum?

195426[/snapback]

I have the samsung 50 inch DLP as well. I dont see rainbows just once in a blue moon a streak or so.

Please read the consumer forum:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=3894

Definately consider front projection if you can control the light in the room; you can have a beautiful 100+" screen then. Watching the Superbowl never looked so good (even the snow plow guy stopped in front of my house and was watching it through our window last year, until I went and looked out and saw him. He freaked out and drove off. :) ).

EDIT: And again, I type too slow. :P

CW