A Fitting End To 2 HOF Career's

T master

Hey I'll admit when I'm wrong. I could've sworn I'd read a while back that the average murderer only ends up serving five years in the US. I cannot find anything to support that claim after a brief search.

As far as Lewis, I didn't know anything about the clothing, but that's pretty incriminating I suppose. I was aware that he ratted out his friends in court. Personally, I wasn't there that night in Atlanta, so I just thought that saying he should be in jail for life is a little harsh for someone who was not found guilty of any crime. Clearly his friends had more to do with the incident than he did, I think we could agree on that. Either way, I find his whole God act pretty tired.

Again, he was found guilty of obstruction.

And I don't know we agree on that it was his friends. If i recall it got messy enough at one point that witnesses reported a man in a white suit stabbing the victim and his white suit from that night did in fact disappear. I don't know if he did it, but I certainly don't know that he didnt.

Edited by NoSaint

well, he was never a criminal as he was never guilty of anything. But I get your point. With that said, about half of Atlanta and the rest of the hoods there are probably criminals compared to those standards, so I guess your just F#%KED no matter who wins.

Man Rags, your job must make you grumpy.

Hey I'll admit when I'm wrong. I could've sworn I'd read a while back that the average murderer only ends up serving five years in the US. I cannot find anything to support that claim after a brief search.

As far as Lewis, I didn't know anything about the clothing, but that's pretty incriminating I suppose. I was aware that he ratted out his friends in court. Personally, I wasn't there that night in Atlanta, so I just thought that saying he should be in jail for life is a little harsh for someone who was not found guilty of any crime. Clearly his friends had more to do with the incident than he did, I think we could agree on that. Either way, I find his whole God act pretty tired.

There was an article in USA Today recently about it. But yeah, lets all go back to damning Vick to Hades. Tales of redemption aside, I find it funny that Bills fans would forget that Tony Gonzalez did everything in his power to not come to Buffalo.

well, he was never a criminal as he was never guilty of anything. But I get your point. With that said, about half of Atlanta and the rest of the hoods there are probably criminals compared to those standards, so I guess your just F#%KED no matter who wins.

You know, I personally glossed over this part of Lewis' life, thought he had rehabbed his reputation etc. Last Friday USA Today did an interview with several family members (linked by benderbender above) and their pain is still real. Nobody was ever prosecuted in this case even though Lewis' deal required him to tell all that he knew of what happened that evening. At least 2 out of court $ettlements were reached between some family members and Lewis. The article brought it all back to the forefront for me. This is the guy that the commish wants to use as an advisor? He's really the best you can come up with?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/04/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-wants-ray-lewis-to-be-an-advisor/1809675/

Not sure I would agree with that. As I recall, Lewis was charged with murder, but a witness who had previously agreed to testify against him recanted his testimony, forcing the plea deal. I do not think we can say his friends had more to do with it than he did. We will probably never know. He was convicted of obstruction, a felony, and got off light. How sincere his "seeing the light" act is also a question to me. He will always be a POS as far as I am concerned. Living near Baltimore, I am pretty sick of the hero worship heaped on him around here.

Tony Gonzalez has been a class act his whole career and you barely hear a peep out of the media about him. One has to wonder Ray Lewis has so many cheerleaders on TV? They stumble all over themselves in saying how great he is, how he motivates and how spiritual in life he has become. NO one mentions him being involved a murder or hiding the white suit he was wearing. IMO no matter what he did in footballo will never erase the stain of this incident. Tony Gonzalez will be a HOF the first year he is eligible.

This is a tangent to the post on HOF careers but here is an article about the Lollar family. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-atlanta-murder-2000/1566198/ Lest we forget. Lewis was charged with Murder, took a dealt to testify against his 2 co horts only to get foggy on the stand and get a case of amnesia. Total thug play.