Seahawks vs Falcons Game Thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't like either teams coaching inside 30 seconds....

Smith should've let it run to 5 before the kick

The squib was awful

Didnt get the 4 yard out - run a seam and get down and call a time out

Atlanta has HUGE talent but its very rarely they see its potential to its fullest and you've got to be at 100% here

I think Bryant pulled off the first one slightly since he was conscious that it wasn't a live kick, but the answer to your question is no.

Amazing game; feel bad for Seattle after that comeback. Giving up that first 20-25 yard play on the final drive killed them.

I think he might've aimed at the post instead of making it, as an accuracy exercise honestly.

Didn't like either teams coaching inside 30 seconds....

Smith should've let it run to 5 before the kick

The squib was awful

Didnt get the 4 yard out - run a seam and get down and call a time out

Atlanta has HUGE talent but its very rarely they see its potential to its fullest and you've got to be at 100% here

They could just let you run and then tackle you, or grab and hold you up, slow you down on a seam pass. I don't think that was a viable option.

I don't mean this in a condescending way, but does Brian Billick have Alzheimer's?

Earlier he was talking about going for 2 having forgotten about Atlanta scoring another touchdown.

I imagine these flubs do nothing for his chances to get back to coaching. His situational awareness in the booth is a disaster.

Just got out of work at 2. Had to drive 40 minutes to the nearest BWW or anywhere else with the games on and just caught the back end of the 4th Quarter. WOW!!! Wish Seattle would have won, but WOW!!!

Edited by mrags

They could just let you run and then tackle you, or grab and hold you up, slow you down on a seam pass. I don't think that was a viable option.

Kneel and give yourself up? A 4 yarder to the sideline was pretty pointless and has similar risks of getting hit in play but not immediately tackled. Atleast the seam/post you might pick up 15 yards or so and get to the edge of fg range if you insist on running a play

Edited by NoSaint

Is there ANY proof that freezing the kicker works?

I recall a long FG by Lindell against KC in overtime that he made, but was called off because of the "freezing" timeout. Then he proceeded to shank it. Do I remember that correct?

Of course, that's the only incident I can think of, which doesn't really qualify as proof. In fact, probably the opposite.

I think he might've aimed at the post instead of making it, as an accuracy exercise honestly.

Interesting thought. I'm sure kickers have a plan/routine for that situation. It looked like Carroll was pissed that Atlanta went ahead with the snap/kick after he called TO.

Kneel and give yourself up? A 4 yarder to the sideline was pretty pointless and has similar risks of getting hit in play but not immediately tackled. Atleast the seam/post you might pick up 15 yards or so and get to the edge of fg range.

Can you be in the middle of the field and running and then just kneel and have the officials stop the clock? They would have to make a very quick call on that, and you would have to be open by 5 yards. That's still a huge gamble. The 4 yarder didnt do much i agree. I thought they could go 8 or so.

Interesting thought. I'm sure kickers have a plan/routine for that situation. It looked like Carroll was pissed that Atlanta went ahead with the snap/kick after he called TO.

Could be totally wrong, but I think it's very possible given he had a lot of time after the whistle and before the kick. Having the post as a point of reference is a common routine.

Can you be in the middle of the field and running and then just kneel and have the officials stop the clock? They would have to make a very quick call on that, and you would have to be open by 5 yards. That's still a huge gamble. The 4 yarder didnt do much i agree. I thought they could go 8 or so.

yes

WTF was Carroll thinking in pretending that he didn't call the time out? That there wouldn't be a replay of him?

Is he the world's biggest dbag?

he's a definite contender

His situational awareness in the booth is a disaster.

I don't know if he's like that all the time but during the last 5 minutes of that game he made more senseless comments and inane suggestions than I think I've ever heard from any broadcaster.

It was like somebody secretly glued a microphone to Buffalo Barbarian.......

WTF was Carroll thinking in pretending that he didn't call the time out? That there wouldn't be a replay of him?

Is he the world's biggest dbag?

Carroll wasn't arguing about the TO, he was pissed that Bryant got a kick off. Carroll called the TO well before the ball was snapped. Bryant smartly took a practice kick. Carroll is indeed a d-bag.

Just picture all that running being north south instead of east west - could've gotten 15 yards in 4 seconds. If they tackle you, great, timeout. If not, get down and timeout. I like that more than run 15 yards to the sideline.

I don't know if he's like that all the time but during the last 5 minutes of that game he made more senseless comments and inane suggestions than I think I've ever heard from any coach or broadcaster.

It was like secretly taping a microphone to Buffalo Barbarian.......

he WAS genuinely spacing out...but i found it kinda entertaining