'Bama Juniors Entering Draft

Bronc24

I heard something cool on ESPN the other day. Greg McElroy of the Jets still refers to Saban as "Coach Saban" over 3 years since leaving college. How does he refer to Rex Ryan... "Rex". Shows the level of respect that these players have towards their coach and program.

Lacy has looked really really good lately. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 3rd or 4th to add some thunder to spiller's lightning. Unfortunately, I just don't think Freddie will ever regain the form of 2011.

I wouldn't be shocked (or upset) if we took Milliner #8 (if he's there still) either. Gilmore and Milliner would be a nice set of CBs to run that aggressive D.

Lacy has looked really really good lately. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 3rd or 4th to add some thunder to spiller's lightning. Unfortunately, I just don't think Freddie will ever regain the form of 2011.

I wouldn't be shocked (or upset) if we took Milliner #8 (if he's there still) either. Gilmore and Milliner would be a nice set of CBs to run that aggressive D.

I think I'd rather see us get a stud LB in that first round. Either of the Georgia LBers(J. Jones or Ogletree) would be fine with me.

I think I'd rather see us get a stud LB in that first round. Either of the Georgia LBers(J. Jones or Ogletree) would be fine with me.

Me too, but Milliner wouldn't upset me at all. Jones has more talent, but the neck condition is scarry for a #8 pick.

There's some nice OL talent at the top of this draft. I wonder if that will play into the thinking on Levitre.

I'd hate to have to burn draft picks on replacing a guy that we lost.

As you know, Buddy said he wanted to avoid that exact same scenario.

On the other hand, they tried and failed to keep Whitner and Poz so extenuating circumstances aside, they didn't succeed in those two cases.

But like I said, it would be nice to use the draft picks to improve the team instead of filling holes and barely maintaining the talent level.

I'd hate to have to burn draft picks on replacing a guy that we lost.

As you know, Buddy said he wanted to avoid that exact same scenario.

On the other hand, they tried and failed to keep Whitner and Poz so extenuating circumstances aside, they didn't succeed in those two cases.

But like I said, it would be nice to use the draft picks to improve the team instead of filling holes and barely maintaining the talent level.

But Poz was replaced by Barnett pretty much. And Whitner didn't want to be there. George was his in-house replacement. Searcy was drafted to eventually replace George.

But Poz was replaced by Barnett pretty much. And Whitner didn't want to be there. George was his in-house replacement. Searcy was drafted to eventually replace George.

I know. And I did say "extenuating circumstances."

The fact remains is that the Bills said they wanted to "stop the bleeding" as far as losing players and they did attempt to re-sign both Whitner and Poz.

Kinda doubt Lacey would come out if the Draft advisory board told him he was only going to be a 3rd or 4th Round Pick...

I agree on Milliner though...If The Bills don't go QB at #8 he's definitely going to be a possibility...I think our new DC will push hard for him... B-)

Kinda doubt Lacey would come out if the Draft advisory board told him he was only going to be a 3rd or 4th Round Pick...

I agree on Milliner though...If The Bills don't go QB at #8 he's definitely going to be a possibility...I think our new DC will push hard for him... B-)

Yea - his 1500+ yards from scrimmage, at a 6.5 per carry rushing average and nearly 20 tds rushing/receiving.... All in the SEC... Point towards a much earlier pick. Especially in a very weak class of backs near the top.

He should be early second at the latest but likely second half of round one

Edited by NoSaint

Ive never been a big fan on taking CBs high in the draft. I just dont think in the NFL today CBs are as important bc they cant really do anythign but tackle the WR after he catches it.

Il;l say though, that Milner was a stud in the championship game. My bet is he is gone before we pick

I would like to have another good corner but I wouldn't draft one in the first round. I just don't think it would be wise to have such a young inexperienced secondary. Gilmore(2 years) Brooks(2 years) Rogers(3 years) Williams(3years) will all be learning a new scheme. Mcgee and Mckelvin may not be back. I think picking up a CB in FA with some experience is the right move.

I would like to have another good corner but I wouldn't draft one in the first round. I just don't think it would be wise to have such a young inexperienced secondary. Gilmore(2 years) Brooks(2 years) Rogers(3 years) Williams(3years) will all be learning a new scheme. Mcgee and Mckelvin may not be back. I think picking up a CB in FA with some experience is the right move.

Point taken.

Just remember though that the SF Niners won their first Super Bowl with 3 rookies and a 2nd-year player starting in their defensive backfield.

we can upgrade at RT. some talent out there this draft. or go ogletree or millner. i´d like wormack too.

I think Hairston is going to be alright. I'd love Ogletree or Jones, but Milliner is very intriguing. They have to be able to

cover to run Pettine's schemes. Some folks won't like it, but Milliner is a distinct possibility.