Limas Sweed signed to Practice Squad (Guess where?)

Deshaun Jackson is more dangerous than Jordy Nelson. Bills could have drafted him but we needed a tall WR to go with Evans. What a joke. I think Levy chose him after reading the message boards. Jackson was the most talented but that dam character stuff that kept Marv from choosing the guy who could actually play.

Sweed was injured his senior year at Texas, battled depression and vision problems among other things. Good to see he got his act together and give it one more shot at football. Bad year for WR in 2008, only a couple of really productive guys. Desean Jackson and Jordy Nelson are the best of that group. Sweed and hardy are not alone in the bust or disappointing categories.

LOL Maybe AAron Maybin can join him!!!

They have similar builds.

I thought James Hardy was mis-used in our offense. A 6-7 receiver should get more touches in the red zone but he was hardly on the field for those situations.

And yet, where is Hardy now? Or the third tall receiver of that group, Malcolm Kelly?

Deshaun Jackson is more dangerous than Jordy Nelson. Bills could have drafted him but we needed a tall WR to go with Evans. What a joke. I think Levy chose him after reading the message boards. Jackson was the most talented but that dam character stuff that kept Marv from choosing the guy who could actually play.

Donnie Avery and Eddie Royal have also had excellent NFL seasons. At the beginning, it was the smaller receivers of that class who were the best.

Seemed like there were a lot of receiver needy teams but very few good receivers that year.