Matt Barkley - QB - USC

RogerNapalm

I think Dungy is a really good coach and every bit as good as Belichick (TD was much more successful in his 1st stop than BB was). But I do think there is a clutch gene some guys have. Peyton chokes a bit in the big moments. Eli, who's not as good as Peyton and looks like he can't add 2 +2 (it's 4 btw), is money in the clutch. Same with Brady.

To bring it back to the topic, Barkley has played pretty well in big games. USC is as big of a stage as there is. He basically matched Luck stat for stat in 2 games. He did everything he possibly could against Oregon. I think this kid is being way undervalued.

I don't know why I never liked Dungy just seemed he couldn't take his team over the hump. I agree with everything else you stated though. Barkley to me shined against Luck. The last game those 2 played I could see it becoming a rivalry in the NFL. I swore I was watching Mich St/Indiana ST Magic/Bird that game. They were electric and it is one of the best college games I've seen in a while. I'm hoping against hope for Barkley (but I'm more hoping whoever they pick ends up a hof qb and leads us to the promised land)

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bring it back to the topic, Barkley has played pretty well in big games. USC is as big of a stage as there is. He basically matched Luck stat for stat in 2 games. He did everything he possibly could against Oregon. I think this kid is being way undervalued.

This, I witnessed the Stanford/USC 3-OT game. Never was a fan of Barkely before the game. He changed my mind in that game. The kid has talent.

I don't know why I never liked Dungy just seemed he couldn't take his team over the hump. I agree with everything else you stated though. Barkley to me shined against Luck. The last game those 2 played I could see it becoming a rivalry in the NFL. I swore I was watching Mich St/Indiana ST Magic/Bird that game. They were electric and it is one of the best college games I've seen in a while. I'm hoping against hope for Barkley (but I'm more hoping whoever they pick ends up a hof qb and leads us to the promised land)

It's nuts that the guy was a top 5 pick last year and we are debating whether the Bills should take him at #8 after a year he threw 36 tds (while missing 2 games)!!! I want whoever the coaches like better between Smith and Barkley.

Also, pro or con: Barkley met his girlfriend in kindergarten. P whipped weinie or great loyal guy?

It's nuts that the guy was a top 5 pick last year and we are debating whether the Bills should take him at #8 after a year he threw 36 tds (while missing 2 games)!!! I want whoever the coaches like better between Smith and Barkley.

Also, pro or con: Barkley met his girlfriend in kindergarten. P whipped weinie or great loyal guy?

Whipped weenie - he proposed on the playgorund they met on! That's a weenie move if I ever heard of one! :nana:

Whipped weenie - he proposed on the playgorund they met on! That's a weenie move if I ever heard of one! :nana:

Apparently, he wanted until there parents would let them date at 16 to ask her out. I streamed WGR yesterday and this was the topic of coversation. Shoop used it to knock him. I will say he made a couple of decent points.

Apparently, he wanted until there parents would let them date at 16 to ask her out. I streamed WGR yesterday and this was the topic of coversation. Shoop used it to knock him. I will say he made a couple of decent points.

If you don't mind paraphrasing what were the knocks? I honestly can't see how it would be a bad thing.