Obamacare & the Trojan Horse

When you read between the lines of this article you realize 2 things:

First, that smart business owners will simply reduce hourly wage workers to under 28 hours per week

Second, in so doing they will have to hire more people to make up the loss of hours, which will inherently lead to higher employment.

So my major point is the Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare is the proverbial Trojan Horse to drive down wages, benefits, while raising employment thus getting more people off of food stamps and into a bottomless job. It's a brillant Neoliberal strategy. Team Obama is more conservative than Bush W. No doubt the conservative think tankers at the Heritage Foundation who crafted the AFA in the early 90s as a counter to Hillarycare saw this eventuality, so I don't really know who to give credit to.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/fast-food-chains-cut-worker-hours-blame-obamacare-224911846.html

When you read between the lines of this article you realize 2 things:

First, that smart business owners will simply reduce hourly wage workers to under 28 hours per week

Second, in so doing they will have to hire more people to make up the loss of hours, which will inherently lead to higher employment.

So my major point is the Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare is the proverbial Trojan Horse to drive down wages, benefits, while raising employment thus getting more people off of food stamps and into a bottomless job. It's a brillant Neoliberal strategy. Team Obama is more conservative than Bush W. No doubt the conservative think tankers at the Heritage Foundation who crafted the AFA in the early 90s as a counter to Hillarycare saw this eventuality, so I don't really know who to give credit to.

http://finance.yahoo...-224911846.html

That's a backwards way of looking at it because you will incur a much bigger cost by hiring more employees than the savings you will get by avoiding ACA. More likely the employees will get the workers who already work well over 30 hrs to pick up the 2 hr slack from the 28-hr workers.

In any event, the more worrisome concern is that the law will create a European dynamic where small business growth "mysteriously" stops at 49 employees.

Yeay progress.

UNEXPECTEDLY!

Health Insurers Raise Some Rates by Double Digits.

“Health insurance companies across the country are seeking and winning double-digit increases in premiums for some customers, even though one of the biggest objectives of the Obama administration’s health care law was to stem the rapid rise in insurance costs for consumers. Particularly vulnerable to the high rates are small businesses and people who do not have employer-provided insurance and must buy it on their own.”

Hey, weren’t these the people ObamaCare was supposed to help? Who could have seen this coming?

Also, a congressional "backfire";

Obamacare Amendment Forbids Gun and Ammo Registration.

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot use doctors to collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

I am not too into politics so I don't know what to say about the assumptions in the original post but I am left wondering about why condoms are mentioned in the thread title.

I thought it would be an abortion thread when I opened it.

A weak imitation of crayonz?

Bring back the real deal!! Free crayonz!

I am not too into politics so I don't know what to say about the assumptions in the original post but I am left wondering about why condoms are mentioned in the thread title.

I thought it would be an abortion thread when I opened it.

I have no idea what you just said....

That is a major assumption - I am not sure that anyone in Washington is intelliegent enough to come up with that on their own...

I don't know- there are alot of these type positions, the rationale will be ok, small business don't/ can't offer health insurance, we'll just expand Medicaid coverage.... you know its coming...

IMO, the goal is socialized medicine, or at least becoming a much bigger part of the US health system.... It makes me wonder why insurance compaines don't see the forest through the trees here.... they could offer plans to just about anyone in the US, sick or healthly, they just chose not to- heck, they could be the TPA for a government program like Medicare Advanatge only for Medicaid, but they continue to miss the boat here. I think they will cut off their nose, well you know the rest.... and we will be left with National Healthcare, Government run. Insurance providers could roll out plans that the poor could be eligible for with Gov backing, then we wouldnt have to go through this, and would not have had to endure the ACA, and that two year process.

I have no idea what you just said....

I will spell it out for you if you need that.

1. The thread tile implied health care, but not insurance. It implied reproductive rights and coverage thereof.

2. The thread is actually about insurance coverages of all types.

3. I opened the thread because I know a lot about reproduction and thought I could contribute.

4. The actual topic is not something I care about, thus I am not an expert.

It is not a big deal but I wish the titles were more accurate sometimes.

I'm gonna go out on limb here and say the best you got is a stack of dimes.... not to mention 2 pump chump......

I will not personally be verifying this claim though...

Your avatar says differently. Seems like it would be right up your alley.