Wondering why We are not hearing much from the players.

26TrapDraw

Ok I know its a week in and they just left probably most are still decompressing afte locker clean out day. Just wondering why there hasn't been much out of the roster good or bad. Was kind of hoping to see a "ok this is the new guy lets let him know we're on board" kind of attitude. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Anyone else wanna chime in?

Im not sure what youre looking for from the players. They just ended the season and are settling into home life, tending to injuries, visiting family, etc. There have already been a few tweets welcoming the new coach, and SJ13 was on a number of ESPN shows yesterday talking about how much he is looking forward to meeting Marrone and the new staff. With the new CBA, who knows how much contact these guys are even allowed to have right now.

Worry about it in May when OTAs start. Lets see who shows up to learn the new philosophies.

Fred Jackson was on Sirius NFL radio and didn't say much of Marrone, but did speak highly of Hackett. Said, even as a QC assistant, he knew the entire offense and where everyone was suppose to be. Hearing Fred talk about Hackett made me feel better about the hire.

Im not sure what youre looking for from the players. They just ended the season and are settling into home life, tending to injuries, visiting family, etc. There have already been a few tweets welcoming the new coach, and SJ13 was on a number of ESPN shows yesterday talking about how much he is looking forward to meeting Marrone and the new staff. With the new CBA, who knows how much contact these guys are even allowed to have right now.

Worry about it in May when OTAs start. Lets see who shows up to learn the new philosophies.

Ok I'll temper my feeling of more support from the players for the coaches if you guys say so.

Yeah, I'd imagine most of the Bills have had vacations planned since mid-October.

SNAP!

... wait, that's the team we are rooting for...? <sigh>

I just hope the players band together and do everything they can this off season to improve. I couldn't care less what they tweet.

Well, I guess the idea is that their comments might give us warm fuzzies about their enthusiasm to work in the off-season, not that it's necessary for us.

The downside to being the fan rather than the participant - we want desperately to know how it's going, but our knowing not only doesn't help achieve the ultimate result (winning), in some cases it can even hurt.

Marrone really stressed in his otherwise uninformative press conference that he was going to talk to all the players before he says much in public. That's the right answer, but it's not much fun for us.

Edited by BobChalmers