No MORE READ AND REACT Coaching

Well fellas we can say now that we will no longer waiting to see what the other team is doing and adjusting to them. I believe we will be setting the pace to the other team being aggressive on both sides of the ball.

Not to say that we won`t adjust at all to what other teams are doing. That`s part of football. I just feel like Chan relied heavily on that read and react coaching. With this new coaching staff i see a more aggressive forward thinking cutting edge approach.

I got to give Russ credit so far he has delivered on our new philosophy. This is what cutting edge forward thinking is i`m on board... Now lets see how we round out this coaching staff and what type of players we go after in the draft and free agency.

I`m hoping that we do what the Pats did in 2001, when they signed a bunch of mid level free agents ( Ted Washington, Vrabel, A Smith and a few other players. I believe that`s what we need to fill out this roster quality depth rather than breaking the bank on 1 guy.

Free agency has never taken a team over the top. Breaking the bank on players usually has a negative effect on the salary cap as well as in the locker room. I agree with you that mid-level free agents are the way to go.

This year we need to do extremely well in the draft. Please do not take players at positions of need, just to fill in a spot. BPA is the way to go. I'm not thrilled with any of the QBs in this years' draft. EJ Manuel is the guy I'm high on the most, but I'd rather wait until next year. Until then bring in a capable vet for two to three years while the young guy develops.

Edited by NoJustice

I would like to see us follow the NY Knicks way of bringing in Vets that know how to win. To complement our core players.

#1 QB- either trade or sign for Alex Smith and sign Chase Daniel to be a backup and in the draft take a QB like EJ Manual or Tyler Wilson maybe even Nassib even though i don`t like him to much. Depth chart will be Smith, Daniel and Rookie QB

#2 RB- i would like to see us sign a Brandon Jacobs type big short yardage back. Spiller, Fred and Jacobs

#3 WR- this position is pretty weak other than the top guys available. I would like to see us go after Jerome Simpson he fits the mid level veteran type we should be looking for. Stevie, Simpson, Rookie, TJ Graham, Nelson and maybe our coaching staff will know how to use Marcus Easley.

#4 OLine -Donald Thomas or Brandon Moore will give us some nice depth on the line. Considering we sign back Levitre and bring back all our starters from last yr.

#5 TE - either Fred Davis or Brandon Myers would be a nice addition. Davis/ Myers, Chandler and Lee Smith

#6 DLine - Bring back all our guys except for Kelsey and sign a DT like Shaun Cody, Rocky Bernard or Aubrayo Franklin

#7 LBs - This position is really weak this yr but a guy like Urlacher ,Manny Lawson or Rey Mualuga or Keith Rivers will be nice piece to challenge for a starting role and we should bring in a couple of rookies, Alec Ogletree would be a great pick if we can trade back in the first round.

#8 DB`s - I`m hearing that Antoine Winfield will get cut this offseason his cap # is about 8mil. I would love to sign him. I still think he has a solid yr or 2 left in him. at Safety we sign back Byrd and go get Laron Landry or Louis Delmas.

#9 Kicker - we need a new kicker i like Phil Dawson or Bironas.

SO fellas what u think?

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I would like to see us follow the NY Knicks way of bringing in Vets that know how to win. To complement our core players.

#1 QB- either trade or sign for Alex Smith and sign Chase Daniel to be a backup and in the draft take a QB like EJ Manual or Tyler Wilson maybe even Nassib even though i don`t like him to much. Depth chart will be Smith, Daniel and Rookie QB

#2 RB- i would like to see us sign a Brandon Jacobs type big short yardage back. Spiller, Fred and Jacobs

#3 WR- this position is pretty weak other than the top guys available. I would like to see us go after Jerome Simpson he fits the mid level veteran type we should be looking for. Stevie, Simpson, Rookie, TJ Graham, Nelson and maybe our coaching staff will know how to use Marcus Easley.

#4 OLine -Donald Thomas or Brandon Moore will give us some nice depth on the line. Considering we sign back Levitre and bring back all our starters from last yr.

#5 TE - either Fred Davis or Brandon Myers would be a nice addition. Davis/ Myers, Chandler and Lee Smith

#6 DLine - Bring back all our guys except for Kelsey and sign a DT like Shaun Cody, Rocky Bernard or Aubrayo Franklin

#7 LBs - This position is really weak this yr but a guy like Urlacher ,Manny Lawson or Rey Mualuga or Keith Rivers will be nice piece to challenge for a starting role and we should bring in a couple of rookies, Alec Ogletree would be a great pick if we can trade back in the first round.

#8 DB`s - I`m hearing that Antoine Winfield will get cut this offseason his cap # is about 8mil. I would love to sign him. I still think he has a solid yr or 2 left in him. at Safety we sign back Byrd and go get Laron Landry or Louis Delmas.

SO fellas what u think?

10 Free Agents? That's a tall order.

SO fellas what u think?

If the Bills were to pattern themselves against an NBA franchise, why would they pick one that has never been successful?

10 Free Agents? That's a tall order.

SO fellas what u think?

Impossible. Resign Byrd and Levitre. Then add Alex smith, Winfield, Landry, urlacher, Fred Davis, Jacobs, Simpson, Moore, Cody and Dawson? Lol. Yeah buddy.....

I could see Byrd, Levitre, Alex smith and manny Lawson. Maybe one more. The rest in the draft

Edited by NewEra

LB - Dannell Ellerbe - Baltimore. Baltimore has both him and Flacco coming up as UFAs and only one tag to use. Ellerbe will probably be available. 6'1 240lbs 4.6 40, 27 yrs old. He plays as an ILB in Baltimore but they've used him to blitz and move him around even there. Flexibility is the name of the game and he gives you tons because he can stay on the field. Maualuga for instance is a 2 down player and when he's on you try to iso him in coverage like houston did.

Also, LaRon landry would change the tenor of our defense by himself.

Well fellas we can say now that we will no longer waiting to see what the other team is doing and adjusting to them. I believe we will be setting the pace to the other team being aggressive on both sides of the ball.

Not to say that we won`t adjust at all to what other teams are doing. That`s part of football. I just feel like Chan relied heavily on that read and react coaching. With this new coaching staff i see a more aggressive forward thinking cutting edge approach.

I got to give Russ credit so far he has delivered on our new philosophy. This is what cutting edge forward thinking is i`m on board... Now lets see how we round out this coaching staff and what type of players we go after in the draft and free agency.

I`m hoping that we do what the Pats did in 2001, when they signed a bunch of mid level free agents ( Ted Washington, Vrabel, A Smith and a few other players. I believe that`s what we need to fill out this roster quality depth rather than breaking the bank on 1 guy.

What have you seen so far of this coaching staff in Buffalo that has lead you to conclude they have a more aggressive cutiing edge appreoach?

LB - Dannell Ellerbe - Baltimore. Baltimore has both him and Flacco coming up as UFAs and only one tag to use. Ellerbe will probably be available. 6'1 240lbs 4.6 40, 27 yrs old. He plays as an ILB in Baltimore but they've used him to blitz and move him around even there. Flexibility is the name of the game and he gives you tons because he can stay on the field. Maualuga for instance is a 2 down player and when he's on you try to iso him in coverage like houston did.

Also, LaRon landry would change the tenor of our defense by himself.

I agree with Ellerbe. He's looked good this season. And you are 100% correct with Landry. This team needs a guy like him--these guys are super soft, especially on D. Landry's kicking ass on Sundays and the Buffalo D is nursing their cramps with Midol on Mondays.

non of these guys are highly paid players anymore. its not like we will be breaking the bank.

plus we have some fat we can trim from our roster.

Kelsey 3.5 mil, Mcgee 2mil, B Smith 4 mil, Fitz 10mil. Spencer Johnson 3.5 mil, Barnett 3.5 mil and GW 3.5 plus tavaras and Thigpen combined 5mil. all these guys are overpaid