Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

Anyone notice that at the presser He said he'd like to thank Ralph Wilson and Russ and Buddy for giving him the opportunity to coach here. No mention of Doug Whaley.

I noticed that. He also wasn't present at the PC (at least he didn't speak) so I don't really read much into it. He's not actually the GM, yet.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice that at the presser He said he'd like to thank Ralph Wilson and Russ and Buddy for giving him the opportunity to coach here. No mention of Doug Whaley.

Let the Controversy begin. Is Whaley on the way out :D

I noticed that. He also wasn't present at the PC (at least he didn't speak) so I don't really read much into it. He's not actually the GM, yet.

May be he stayed back in Arizona to convince Horton to move to the Bills as their DC.

Marrone wouldn't have been my first choice, but I decided to keep an open mind. And after hearing his presser, I'm on board. The guy just sounds like a football coach.

Have any of you changed your opinion based on what you heard?

Listened to the presser. Still not excited. Let's see what OC and DC they can land. They better be right.

Listened to the presser. Still not excited. Let's see what OC and DC they can land. They better be right.

Why not ? Why should the presser make any difference. The difference will be on the football field.

I like his bit about not liking to be tagged as an "offensive coach." O-lineman are like catchers in baseball, they have to know everything going on all the time, on both sides of the ball. O-lineman tend to be pretty smart, too. I hope it translates to his coaching.

Guys and gals, I think we're going to find we really like what happens on the field with this new HC, but we're going to be frustrated with his media appearances. Seems to be a coach who values keeping things "in house" and while his players will love that, it's going to leave media members and fans yearning for more information.

I'll gladly accept that tradeoff.

I like his bit about not liking to be tagged as an "offensive coach." O-lineman are like catchers in baseball, they have to know everything going on all the time, on both sides of the ball. O-lineman tend to be pretty smart, too. I hope it translates to his coaching.

O-lineman are typically the smartest guys on the field, besides maybe the QB. Usually your center is like a qb helping set up the line calls.

I was shocked like most that Marrone was hired. But the more i read and hear about him i think it could be a good hire. Brandon needs to know open the wallet again and help Marrone get the DC and OC he needs, no matter what.

Guys and gals, I think we're going to find we really like what happens on the field with this new HC, but we're going to be frustrated with his media appearances. Seems to be a coach who values keeping things "in house" and while his players will love that, it's going to leave media members and fans yearning for more information.

I'll gladly accept that tradeoff.

Not comparing Marrone and He Who Shall Not Be Named in Boston.....but he's also notoriously stingy with the media and that's the first thing I thought of.

I don't expect Marrone to turn this team into the Pats*.....but I would gladly accept a team that is 10-6 and little "transparency" from the HC than a 5-11 team where we know everything

I gotta think the majority of their search of cooridnators are in the playoffs and they are waiting to speak to them.

Only if their contract is up or they are looking for position coaches to elevate to OC/DC. Typically teams will not let a coach go in a lateral move (unless they aren't happy with that coach).

Unimpressed. Struck me as a typical NFL guy, not someone unique in any way. Thin-skinned and close-lipped.

Joe B on GR was quite to sum up his presser as "evasive".

Don't think he'll be likeable, but neither is Belichick. .

What could he have said that would have impressed you?

PTR