Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little discouraged to hear that it sounds like they have no idea who the DC and other coaches will be. Isn't that something they should have been working on in the back channels for a couple of days now? It sounds like they just said let's sign this HC and figure the rest out later. Picking the right DC is going to be HUGE in this process

Settle down, Francis. There were 7 head coach openings in the NFL and only 2 have been filled thus far. I think it is safe to say that the vast majority of the available pool of candidates are still available. Andy Reid will most likely assemble a staff in KC very similar to his in Philly.

He played for a couple years and coached for 8 years in the NFL. Hardly "brief."

I was specifically speaking about his playing career, which I know I wasn't clear about. Then again, what does size have to do with being a coach! But if I remember right, it was 5 games over 2 years, which is...well, brief.

The Bills are actually AHEAD of the curve on this thing. There's no doubt Marrone would be standing at a podium in Cleveland, San Diego and maybe another club if the Bills didn't move on this Sat night-Sunday. Great hire from the looks of this.

The Bills are actually AHEAD of the curve on this thing. There's no doubt Marrone would be standing at a podium in Cleveland, San Diego and maybe another club if the Bills didn't move on this Sat night-Sunday. Great hire from the looks of this.

Its a new era at OBD!!

Compare Marrone to someone like Dick Jauron.

Their personalities, self-confidence, etc., are entirely different ends of the spectrum.

The word on Marrone is that he is detail-oriented, into discipline, and doesn't take crap from people.

From this perspective alone, he marks a change at 1 Bills Drive.

Marrone wouldn't have been my first choice, but I decided to keep an open mind. And after hearing his presser, I'm on board. The guy just sounds like a football coach.

Have any of you changed your opinion based on what you heard?

Marrone wouldn't have been my first choice, but I decided to keep an open mind. And after hearing his presser, I'm on board. The guy just sounds like a football coach.

He will be involved in all aspects of the game.

He wanted this job!!

Edited by BRAWNDO

My faith in the "new" front office is a little more solid, I'll say that. I had compared him to the college player whose stock rises quickly after the season ends. It sounds like he's justified the interest. Let's see it in action now.

There is also the chance that he knows who his coordinators are going to be, or is negotiating with them right now, and doesn't feel the need to involve us in the selection process. Which is as it should be.

Was just hoping to hear we have a plan in place for bringing in some big time coordinators rather than "I don't know, I value coaches at all levels...high school, division 3 college, I think for coordinator we want someone with some NFL experience...yea"

Just voicing a concern of mine. No need for everyone to attack. We'll just have to wait and see. Thanks