Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In substance we have no idea what this move will lead to. The team's personnel problems will remain before them no matter who the coach is. Philosophically speaking from a pure business management perspective, this has been an atypical coaching search for this team leading to a somewhat atypical hire compared to their recent history. The fact that they Beuford T. Justiced out of Buffalo in high speed pursuit to Arizona to get a coach is not Ralph's MO. This may or may not be a winning move, but it is an aggressive move demonstrating an aggressive mindset. We'll see. If this team starts to win, most of us won't care what it looks like or who gets the credit.

You find it funny now.

Wait a couple years and see if you dont agree.

I can promise you...They could bring Mickey Mouse in here as a HC and I would like him more than Jauron...You have absolutely no idea how deep my disdain for Jauron goes... B-)

Beerball, not knowing much about him, do you think his offense will work in the NFL? How is he at making changes during the game?

Yeah, his offense will work as long as he has a QB, decent WRs and a running game. :D How's that for going out on a limb? Yes...I do think his offense will work, but we must get QBs prior to next season.

I can add one more don't like after thinking on this a bit...seemed like several times a game he called (or his QB threw) low percentage passes on 3rd down. That drives me crazy, throwing deep on 3rd down because it is a low % move. Maybe once a game, but not 2-3.

No.

And I understand youre just trying to be ridiculous.

Basic football knowledge is that it comes down to the HC. It was Gailey's fault he didnt demand that Wanny blitz more. And it's Marrones fault if he didn't demand his OC not throw every time on 3rd and short - IF it was the OC calling the plays.

Your furious about the hiring but after following so close - you don't even know the play caller. You don't see why that's a bit off?

Here's the problem. Some people think.

1) If you dont like a decision the Bills made = You're a troll.

2) If you despise the decision = You're not a true fan.

Neither is true. If you crusade about him being a good coach, youre not trolling and youre a true fan. If youre adament that he is a bad coach, then youre a troll and youre not a fan.

It's non-sense. I've been a Bills coach for nearly 3 decades.

1 and 2) not true at all. If you post your thoughts repeatedly without any facts, whether its positive or negative, is crusading that nobody appreciates and makes you a troll. If you state that you're leaving the team 5 hours after no official statement and before you hear what staff brings in, you're not a fan.

I can promise you...They could bring Mickey Mouse in here as a HC and I would like him more than Jauron...You have absolutely no idea how deep my disdain for Jauron goes... B-)

HAHA.

Ok fair enough :)

Your handle on here is the ultimate example of false advertising.

What am I advertising?

Yeah, his offense will work as long as he has a QB, decent WRs and a running game. :D How's that for going out on a limb? Yes...I do think his offense will work, but we must get QBs prior to next season.

I can add one more don't like after thinking on this a bit...seemed like several times a game he called (or his QB threw) low percentage passes on 3rd down. That drives me crazy, throwing deep on 3rd down because it is a low % move. Maybe once a game, but not 2-3.

But the ultimate question is, does he punt from inside the opponents forty? Does Nassib (sp?) have a strong arm?

Wow. Thought you were just bitter. Apparently, you are more troll than anything else.

Look up the Lovie Smith thread. This guy has zero to offer beyond what he's been posting here.

LS: "I don't like X"

TSW: "Why? Can you provide some support / facts / evidence for your position?"

LS: "X sucks."

TSW: "about that evidence?"

LS: "it's not my fault that you're delusional."

One cannot argue or converse with a brick wall. I'm guessing Literate Stylish didn't lead a turnaround for the SU debate team in college.

First, if anyone believes that Russ Brandon has NOT already been calling the shots for the past three years, you are crazy! His relationship with Ralph since 2008 has very simply been...."Mr. Wilson, we believe Chan Gailey is the absolute best available candidate for our next HC! We are prepared to offer him XYZ contract". Ralph's reply...."what did you say...I can't hear a thing....whatever.....go ahead...I'm exhausted"

Sooooooo, my point? Simple: Nothing is going to change, proof one this morning. Doug Marrone? Are you kidding me. Cheap, yes. Figure Head, yes. Puppet, yes. Experienced, accomplished, well respected, feared........NO WAY.

Typical move from a typical non-qualified CEO. TYPICAL. Mark my words....three years from now, Doug will be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive this............

Go read the posting by SDS about your Ralph Wilson comments. Not needed and not funny.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/154266-important-discussion-regarding-ralph-wilson/

You are quite right. But my point stands. RB is from Cuse and a big Orange backer. This still smacks of marketing and not the best football decision. Marrone was Curtis Modkins in NO under Payton. His Cuse work has been good, but it was in a pathetic conference. I dunno...I'm dissapointed. It may work ... guess I will focus on being happy today for having a NHL season and get some distance from the Bills for a bit.

You're right. There is going to be a mad rush from the metropolis of Syracuse because we hired Marrone. Are people serious with this stuff?