your opinion on next season

ch19079

If I were king, I'd let Drew, JP, and a new free agent QB compete for the staters job.  Up for grabs!  May the best man win.

195123[/snapback]

When you compare a QB's performance from 1 year to the next you have to look at a relative comparison since rule changes can affect yardage stats. I'm ok with PTR's idea of letting the best man win but the stats I copied from an earlier post back up starting Losman instead of Drew next year:

- 2004 passing offense as compared to 2003 -

26th in yards per attempt vs. 26th

26th in completion percentage vs. 16th

22nd in percent passes intercepted vs. 10th

14th in percent passes for a score vs. 32nd

26th in sacks vs. 32nd

25th in passer rating vs. 22nd

Drew was at best mediocre this year - and I was actually pretty happy with his performance. The thing is - our offense can win with a average QB - and I'll take the chance that JP will finish as good as 24th or 25th in the league by the end of the year in most of these categories. Given the caliber of our offensive playmakers and our improving OL, I'd be willing to bet that JP would do as well as Drew if he was asked to get rid of the ball in 3 seconds. But oh every so often go ahead and run around a little bit and see if you can find Evans or Moulds going deep. The fact that Green Bay scouts even likened JP to a young Brett Favre is enough for me to take the plunge.

I liked what I saw in Losman when he played in the Denver preseason game back in august.He was 5 for 5 passing(85 yards I believe?) and ran for another 36. It's easy to throw those stats out because it was an exhibition game and he in fact played in the second half.

However,he did show good pocket awareness and field generalship (reminded me of Jim Kelly IMHO) and he looked relaxed.It also looked like he was having fun out there. I for one think he's going to be a good one.....

195203[/snapback]

the good old days , i can rember fans around my seats yelling why don't you go drink some more beer and get rid of the hangover you bum ......... when he would throw a INT . then the next time on the field he would throw a TD . :):P

are you willing to sit through 8 games if JP plays like Eli Manning did this year??

it could be eather really really bad or he may win a few.

how do you REALLY think he will perform??

194779[/snapback]

I don't REALLY know, but in this case I am willing to go with the devil I don't know over the devil I do know. If we keep sending the same guy out there how can we expect better results?