Bengals-Texans Live Game Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My long-held theory that Cinci fans might question the wisdom of Dalton over Kaepernick could come to fruition very soon.

That, or kaepernick has merely had fewer chances to disappoint. We will see. He certainly wasn't the day one starter cincy needed last year, and that counts for something.

Edited by NoSaint

Helmet to helmet there?

Yup.

Can anyone tell me why the clock stopped after that play? Cincinnati out of timeouts, Texans get first down, then the penalty, 2.23 on the clock at end of play.

Is it because there was a defensive penalty?

That's a huge difference, and made it possible for the Bengals to get the ball back.

Edited by plenzmd1

Can anyone tell me why the clock stopped after that play? Cincinnati out of timeouts, Cincinnati gets first down, then the penalty, 2.23 on the clock at end of play.

Is it because there was a defensive penalty?

I think they called an injury stoppage and took a TO away from Houston

That's only last two minutes though

Maybe they just stopped the clock for the injury?

I was also wondering why they didn't restart it cuz forcing them to run a play before the 2:00 warning kind of left the door cracked a tiny bit for the Bengals.

Maybe they just stopped the clock for the injury?

I was also wondering why they didn't restart it cuz forcing them to run a play before the 2:00 warning kind of left the door cracked a tiny bit for the Bengals.

So learn something new everyday. Inside 5 minutes second half, starts on snap after foul by either team. That includes whether penalty is accepted or declined.

Weird rule, that personal foul actually HELPED the Bengals. They nee to look at that..kina like they looked at the 12 man on field rule last year.

So learn something new everyday. Inside 5 minutes second half, starts on snap after foul by either team. That includes whether penalty is accepted or declined.

Weird rule, that personal foul actually HELPED the Bengals. They nee to look at that..kina like they looked at the 12 man on field rule last year.

That went by me when I was watching.

Cool that you brought it up and thanks for the info.

I like Dalton, he has no running game and only one major threat to throw to. Hes tough and very hard to bring down. He needs to throw a better deep ball at times, but that one long completion to AJ shows its a throw he can make.

How people are trashing a QB who's brought a perenial loser to consecutive playoff appearances starting as a rookie is beyond me

I like Dalton, he has no running game and only one major threat to throw to. Hes tough and very hard to bring down. He needs to throw a better deep ball at times, but that one long completion to AJ shows its a throw he can make.

How people are trashing a QB who's brought a perenial loser to consecutive playoff appearances starting as a rookie is beyond me

Speaking for myself, he might be getting criticized too much now because he was given too much credit earlier?

Speaking for myself, he might be getting criticized too much now because he was given too much credit earlier?

That and now he's getting the criticism of an nfl starter instead of overachieving rookie. That was his 34th start.

Edited by NoSaint

Their defense has much more to do with the Bengals resurgence as opposed to Dalton. He's merely average and really isn't an upgrade over Fitz.

Texans were vastly better than Cincy today. Only a couple red zone snafus and Shaub's usual pick-six kept this one close.

Foster is a sensational running back. Other than maybe AP, no one better in football.

Houston's defense was also pretty impressive. I love their aggressiveness. They are an easy team to root for, especially next week.