HAHAHA!!!

BillsNYC

Intelligent, no.  But do they feel pain?  Probably.  Of course, you can't know for sure, but it's not too much of a leap to assume that fish do feel pain.  I mean, they do have nerve endings much the same that we do.  Are you more comfortable in saying that fish do NOT feel pain?  How would YOU know that?  And on which side would you rather err?

This comes from a non-meat-eater who happens to think that PETA is, overall, pretty full of stevestojan.  (But I do find it funny when they throw red paint at models).

194666[/snapback]

Being at the top of the food chain means never having to say you're sorry...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised Carter was out fishing at all, seeing how he should still have traumatic memories of the time a killer rabbit almost killed him while fishing...

"What, behind the rabbit?" "It issss the rabbit!"

194669[/snapback]

Well, that's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on. That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide, it's a killer! He's got huge, sharp. he can leap about. look at the bones!

I warned you! But did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

I think my point is, I don't CARE if fish feel pain.

First off, their brains are all of a cm in size. . .  second, sucks to be them near the bottom of our food chain. When they can figure out how to get on a boat, pop open a 12-pack, throw a medium-rare prime rib in front of me attached to a huge hook and wrangle me in, filet me and eat me, then they win... Until then, we win.

194679[/snapback]

I can't help it. I care about stuff like that.

Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

194686[/snapback]

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'Oh, Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'Oh, Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats

194691[/snapback]

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

194693[/snapback]

Skip a bit, brother

Skip a bit, brother

194698[/snapback]

As the horrendous Black Beast lunged forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless. When, suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack. The cartoon peril was no more. The Quest for Holy Grail could continue.

As the horrendous Black Beast lunged forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless. When, suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack.  The cartoon peril was no more. The Quest for Holy Grail could continue.

194707[/snapback]

There it is! The Bridge of Death!

kinda sad when you think about it.  a thread about PETA evolves into Monty Python and the Holy Grail

shows how much respect PETA gets

194721[/snapback]

Commensurate to their "lahjik". I have no problem with them going after people who treat animals with immeasurable cruelty but they can have a big glass of STFU when they're trying to turn everyone into a fuggin grazing animal. Vegetables are what food eats.