• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

http://www.fishinghurts.com/JimmyCarter.asp

:blink:

;)  :w00t:  :wub:  :D  :lol:

194623[/snapback]

Bill, taking potshots at PETA is like shooting fish in a barrel. Doesn't it get tiring? Or is this a potshot at a President who virtually invented the term post-Presidency with his humanitarian efforts? I don't get it.

President Carter described being hooked in the face during a recent fishing trip. His painful ordeal ended when his bodyguard stood on his chest and yanked the embedded lure from his face—the agony and fear that he felt are quite familiar to any fish who has been hooked on a fisher’s line.

:blink:;) How the !@#$ would they know?

Nothing says "hyperbole" like anthropomorphizing the emotional lives of fish...

Recent scientific studies prove that fish are intelligent individuals who feel pain just as all animals do. Fish are fast learners and can remember lessons their entire lives.

That, friends, is horseshit.

When I was younger, I caught a fish.... tossed the bastard back, remembering he had a big red growth on the side of his head. Caught the same damn fish not an hour later...

Fish are fast learners?

Give me a break Peta....

What's next? Suing Lysol for genocide against germs?

194641[/snapback]

These are the same people that say that dogs should be fed vegetarian diets because dogs, "like people", are omnivorous...but people "are herbivorous, not omnivorous".

Also the same people whose animal shelter in Norfolk or thereabouts euthanizes about 3000 stray cats a year. :blink:

Bill, taking potshots at PETA is like shooting fish in a barrel.  Doesn't it get tiring?  Or is this a potshot at a President who virtually invented the term post-Presidency with his humanitarian efforts?  I don't get it.

194633[/snapback]

NO...it NEVER gets tiring! These people are idiots! I remember that within DAYS of 9-11 they actually said it's good that it happened because then humans could feel what chickens have felt for years!

No...no shot at Jimmy. I may not like him, but I think its ridiculous that PETA would attack a guy of his stature for fishing!

:blink:  ;) How the !@#$ would they know? 

Nothing says "hyperbole" like anthropomorphizing the emotional lives of fish...

194635[/snapback]

Intelligent, no. But do they feel pain? Probably. Of course, you can't know for sure, but it's not too much of a leap to assume that fish do feel pain. I mean, they do have nerve endings much the same that we do. Are you more comfortable in saying that fish do NOT feel pain? How would YOU know that? And on which side would you rather err?

This comes from a non-meat-eater who happens to think that PETA is, overall, pretty full of stevestojan. (But I do find it funny when they throw red paint at models).

NO...it NEVER gets tiring! These people are idiots! I remember that within DAYS of 9-11 they actually said it's good that it happened because then humans could feel what chickens have felt for years!

194655[/snapback]

True enough, they are idiots. I guess it just doesn't make me feel any better.

Intelligent, no.  But do they feel pain?  Probably.  Of course, you can't know for sure, but it's not too much of a leap to assume that fish do feel pain.  I mean, they do have nerve endings much the same that we do.  Are you more comfortable in saying that fish do NOT feel pain?  How would YOU know that?  And on which side would you rather err?

This comes from a non-meat-eater who happens to think that PETA is, overall, pretty full of stevestojan.  (But I do find it funny when they throw red paint at models).

194666[/snapback]

The more important question is: Why should we care if fish feel pain? I don't care if the pain they feel is the equivalent of being skinned alive and then tied to an army ant hill - I ain't sitting down to a meal where the main course is hummus.

Intelligent, no.  But do they feel pain?  Probably.  Of course, you can't know for sure, but it's not too much of a leap to assume that fish do feel pain.  I mean, they do have nerve endings much the same that we do.  Are you more comfortable in saying that fish do NOT feel pain?  How would YOU know that?  And on which side would you rather err?

This comes from a non-meat-eater who happens to think that PETA is, overall, pretty full of stevestojan.  (But I do find it funny when they throw red paint at models).

194666[/snapback]

I think my point is, I don't CARE if fish feel pain.

First off, their brains are all of a cm in size. . . second, sucks to be them near the bottom of our food chain. When they can figure out how to get on a boat, pop open a 12-pack, throw a medium-rare prime rib in front of me attached to a huge hook and wrangle me in, filet me and eat me, then they win... Until then, we win.