Congrats to USA for Gold Medal win in the World Juniors in Hockey

ChevyVanMiller

Great showing by many Sabres prospects. Joel Armia of Finland was 2nd in tournament scoring with 12 pts. Russia's Mikhail Grigorenko had 6 pts and was a +4 for the tournament. His teammate, Goaltender Andrei Makarov posted a 2-1 record with a 2.99 GAA. Finally, USA Captain D Jake McCabe posted 6 points and was a +9 in the tourney, including 2 huge goals against Canada in the semis.

Plus, the USA Coach was none other than "Wow Wee" Phil Housley - who just made a name for himself as a hot commodity in the coaching circles.

Go USA! Go Sabres! (NHL give us a season, will ya?)

I was posting about this in the shout box last night and this morning, Chevy.

Great performance by the US kids, and it was especially nice to see Grigorenko, McCabe, Armia and Makarov play so well.

And it was also nice to see Don Cherry, once again, show what a piece of **** he is.

Guess no one's watching hockey except me, but fwiw Canada lost the bronze medal game 6-5 to Russia and it is the first time in 14 years they didn't medal. I work in Canada and the Canadians are in a national state of mourning, sort of like Buffalo after the SB losses.

With no NHL I took the opportunity to record all the Juniors games. Enjoyed watching team USA trounce Canada and then win the Gold over Sweden. Enjoyed watching McCabe, seems like a solid player. Anyone draft the USA goalie Gibson, he looked pretty impressive?

I was posting about this in the shout box last night and this morning, Chevy.

Great performance by the US kids, and it was especially nice to see Grigorenko, McCabe, Armia and Makarov play so well.

And it was also nice to see Don Cherry, once again, show what a piece of **** he is.

Love that the sabres prospects had great showings! Congrats to team U-S-A.

What rant did don cherry go off on now?

Sorry, Simon. I figured there wasn't a need for a spoiler alert - my bad.

No worries, man.

With the NFL playoffs on I would have been doing nothing more than the occasional check-in anyways.

Although in the future I would be more cautious about putting international results in the title when they're going to be televised later. If it had been a Canada World Cup or Olympic game, folks might have been taking places in line to give you the business. :D