49ers Firing Dennis Erickson

Mark VI

it's not so much Erickson...although he is a really bad coach....as it is Terry Donahue.

That guy has an ego bigger than George Stienbrenner.....and should have been gone long ago.

having said that....i think if they do wack Donahue next you can expect to see Dwight Clark be the GM and Holmgren come over and be the HC.

ANYONE who takes that job better not plan on being there 3 years from now.  That franchise is a disaster and no NFL coach could win there.

194553[/snapback]

Sounds like a job for Jim Haslett, after he's fired in the next few days. :blink:

it's not so much Erickson...although he is a really bad coach....as it is Terry Donahue.

That guy has an ego bigger than George Stienbrenner.....and should have been gone long ago.

having said that....i think if they do wack Donahue next you can expect to see Dwight Clark be the GM and Holmgren come over and be the HC.

194578[/snapback]

Isn't Holmgren still under contract?

Yes it is sexiest like omg no way.

It was my understanding that the current owner (female) ousted the old owner and then let her faithful husband run the team. Then you get a team making cost cuts and left themself with a high school team.

Isn't Holmgren still under contract?

194580[/snapback]

he might be...but he also isn't setting the world on fire in Seattle. I think if he loses to the Rams at home this weekend he is as good as gone...but i also think he and Paul Allen might sit down and decide to have a friendly mutual parting of the ways.

Yes it is sexiest like omg no way. 

194584[/snapback]

In English, please?

It was my understanding that the current owner (female) ousted the old owner and then let her faithful husband run the team. Then you get a team making cost cuts and left themself with a high school team.

194584[/snapback]

That doesn't say anything to me about female owners, while it says more to me about cheap idiots. Explain St. Louis winning a championship. Or did they win with a smart male GM despite the shortcomings of the owner?

Your generalization sucks.

Leinart would be one smart kid to not even entertain the idea of playing for that team.  Too bad SF might have the #1 pick in '06 as well.

194573[/snapback]

Eli Manning was only the most recent case study that if you tell a team you WILL NOT play for them under any circumstances, other arrangements are made. You'll likely make about $5-7M less on the signing bonus, but if that means playing for a winner, some guys will do that.

If I were Leinart, I wouldn't want to go there. Lots of pressure being the area pick and the savior to a team that resembles Swiss cheese.