Nix and Brandon - Why not interview Darrell Bevell?

He has had success at each level in the NFL

Green Bay - Assistant

Green Bay - Quarterbacks Coach

Minnesota - Offensive Coordinator - Playoffs with two different QB's that have two different styles - Tavaris Jackson and Brett Favre

Seahawks - Offensive coordinator - Success with Russell Wilson. A radical shift of offensive philosophy. A 3rd round pick turning into a star. Seahawks a playoff team.

Bevell has all the tools. He can adapt to personnel, he can create all different types of schemes to that personnel from the opposite sides of the spectrum to boot. From Tavaris Jackson (who the Bills can't even activate), to Brett Favre and ONTO Russell Wilson. What he has done with QB's is most impressive. He's NOT a coach like Lovie Smith that is married to a single scheme.

Of all the coaches he would be the guy I would want mentoring a young QB going forward. This is the most important task for the next coaching staff to undertake and get correct. This is a QB league. We need a progressive football mind that can adapt.

He has had success at each level in the NFL

Green Bay - Assistant

Green Bay - Quarterbacks Coach

Minnesota - Offensive Coordinator - Playoffs with two different QB's that have two different styles - Tavaris Jackson and Brett Favre

Seahawks - Offensive coordinator - Success with Russell Wilson. A radical shift of offensive philosophy. A 3rd round pick turning into a star. Seahawks a playoff team.

Bevell has all the tools. He can adapt to personnel, he can create all different types of schemes to that personnel from the opposite sides of the spectrum to boot. From Tavaris Jackson (who the Bills can't even activate), to Brett Favre and ONTO Russell Wilson. What he has done with QB's is most impressive. He's NOT a coach like Lovie Smith that is married to a single scheme.

Of all the coaches he would be the guy I would want mentoring a young QB going forward. This is the most important task for the next coaching staff to undertake and get correct. This is a QB league. We need a progressive football mind that can adapt.

Hmmmm all of this sounds like the way our most recent former coach was described right here on this very board...

That is precisely the kind of coach I want to see brought in. Young, innovative, FLEXIBLE, without having run into any situation he couldn't find a way to succeed in. There's got to be a handful of guys like this around the NFL, but the only two I've bought into thus far are Bevell and Chip Kelly. They seem like the right mix of determination, energy, intelligence, and success.

That is precisely the kind of coach I want to see brought in. Young, innovative, FLEXIBLE, without having run into any situation he couldn't find a way to succeed in. There's got to be a handful of guys like this around the NFL, but the only two I've bought into thus far are Bevell and Chip Kelly. They seem like the right mix of determination, energy, intelligence, and success.

I'm thinking EXACTLY the same way. I'd add to a lesser extent of the traits you mentioned above another candidate Mike McCoy. But I prefer Kelly or Bevell.

Just based on what he did with Wilson should be enough to earn him an interview.

How about what he did with Rodgers? Check out some youtube clips of how Rodgers threw a football in college and then watch him now. Its night and day different. Great improvement