Stat Nerds: Every NFL play from the last 10 years in 1 database

Downloadable in CSV format...

http://www.advancedn...-play-data.html

I've recently completed a project to compile publicly-available NFL play-by-play data. It took a while, but now it's ready.

The resulting database comprises nearly all non-preseason games from the 2002 through [edit: 2012] seasons. I have not performed any analysis on the data, so what you'll get are the only basics--time, down, distance, yard line, play description, and score. It's almost exactly what I started with. I'll leave any analysis up to you.

And I thought some of us regular posters needed a life! :w00t:

Edited by DrDareustein

Can I get Bill Belichick's version? His goes back to 1949 and maps out where every player was standing at the ball snap. He also has a version of the opposing side line conversations before each snap, courtesy of professional lip reader translators.

I was actually working on a football game a few years ago and created a PBP parser that basically read the PBP logs and stuffed all the pertinent info into a DB where you could then run DB queries to pull out literally anything you could possibly want to know...

Also created an NFL scheduler that creates games based on NFL scheduling rules and still use that when I play other football games since it is much superior to their scheduling algorithms...run it and then import the schedule into the game...

Really need to finish it because it would have a lot of cool features that are lacking in some of these other games...

Edited by matter2003