Is Mainstream Media ignoring

AKC

The moment I saw Old Man Bush and Clinton flanking the President and heard they were asked to "CoChair" a fundraising effort for Tsunami victims I realized someone at the WH was having a very good day- look at the win-win situation brought about by this simple, yet absolutely brilliant, idea:

A) Take two split groups of "funders", who to some degree despise the other side, and put them in competition with each other

B) Sweeten the pot by putting two former Presidents in charge of the competing camps to goad on the richest and most infuential prospects

C) Raise HUGE sums of money for the victims of the disaster

D) Highlight the superiority of our capitalistic system by showing the power of personal donations versus government

It doesn't matter who you vote for every 4th November, if you're a decent and objective American you have to be able to recognize the genius of this strategy.

The moment I saw Old Man Bush and Clinton flanking the President and heard they were asked to "CoChair" a fundraising effort for Tsunami victims I realized someone at the WH was having a very good day- look at the win-win situation brought about by this simple, yet absolutely brilliant, idea:

A) Take two split groups of "funders", who to some degree despise the other side, and put them in competition with each other

B) Sweeten the pot by putting two former Presidents in charge of the competing camps to goad on the richest and most infuential prospects

C) Raise HUGE sums of money for the victims of the disaster

D) Highlight the superiority of our capitalistic system by showing the power of personal donations versus government

It doesn't matter who you vote for every 4th November, if you're a decent and objective American you have to be able to recognize the genius of this strategy.

194380[/snapback]

Where is the big story here? This is a typical smart common sense move by a very well run GWB White House. When you surround yourself with excellent people who continually challenge eachother and does not let petty things get in the way of doing things you can expect to get great results.

I say keep up the good work GWB, and maybe you can even help to salvage a fallen ex- presidents tainted record. ( of course I am speaking about clinton, 41 does not have any thing to clean up really)

Where is the big story here? This is a typical smart common sense move by a very well run GWB White House. When you surround yourself with excellent people who continually challenge eachother and does not let petty things get in the way of doing things you can expect to get great results.

I say keep up the good work GWB, and maybe you can even help to salvage a fallen ex- presidents tainted record. ( of course I am speaking about clinton, 41 does not have any thing to clean up really)

194393[/snapback]

Geez, my first visit to the PPP board in about a month (the TSW wall is too depressing right now, same small minds at work), and see it is the same ol same ol here.....funny stuff Rich! :D

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

194393[/snapback]

;):w00t::wub::D

Now that I have had my good laugh for the day. A 'fallen' president! The SAME president who whupped his father, then crotchety Dole.

Like Clinton needs ol' Georgie Porgie to give HIM a lesson in good conduct!!!

I swear, if there was no Clinton, Republicans would be bored as hell, cause there would be no one to bash just to do it! He's been out of office for YEARS now, and he's STILL a subject! How sad!

God forbid Republicans would have to defend their OWN record! Good show... bash the other guy that hasn't been prez in 5 years, and gloss over the bad record of your own guy. PERFECT!! :blink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wont go into a Mark Levin-like tirade like Richio, but its hard to argue that this was anything less than a brilliant move by the Administration and GWB.

194588[/snapback]

For all YOU know, Clinton approached GWB or GHWB and suggested it. You certainly don't have any inside information into the workings of the White House to say one way or another. Unless you live in a rathole and never interact with other people, you ought to know that everyone takes the credit for a good idea, and sidles away from a bad one.

GHWB knows a lot of well-heeled folks AND is in TIGHT with the Saudis who can open the deep pockets over there. Bubba's fundraising abilities are well known. So it's a good idea to team the two.

It is not inconceivable that the same cast of clowns who conceived Operation Infinite Quagmire came up with this, but even idiots have a good idea every so often. Maybe even you had one once :blink:

:w00t:  :wub:  :D  :lol:

Now that I have had my good laugh for the day. A 'fallen' president! The SAME president who whupped his father, then crotchety Dole.

Like Clinton needs ol' Georgie Porgie to give HIM a lesson in good conduct!!!

I swear, if there was no Clinton, Republicans would be bored as hell, cause there would be no one to bash just to do it! He's been out of office for YEARS now, and he's STILL a subject! How sad!

God forbid Republicans would have to defend their OWN record! Good show... bash the other guy that hasn't been prez in 5 years, and gloss over the bad record of your own guy. PERFECT!!  :blink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

194586[/snapback]

i was gonna comment on the humourous bit about bush 41 not having to clean up for anything. but then i saw your post and got a chuckle

clinton whupped on GB41? ;) i'd hardly call 42%-38% a whuppin. more like which guy didn't get less votes

you are right about if there was no clinton the reps would be bored. but then if there was no bush the dems would be mighty bored too. when given the option to beat up on bush or actually try to do something, they chose the former

sheesh, so much bitterness from both sides

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
i was gonna comment on the humourous bit about bush 41 not having to clean up for anything.  but then i saw your post and got a chuckle

clinton whupped on GB41? :) i'd hardly call 42%-38% a whuppin.  more like which guy didn't get less votes

you are right about if there was no clinton the reps would be bored.  but then if there was no bush the dems would be mighty bored too.  when given the option to beat up on bush or actually try to do something, they chose the former

sheesh, so much bitterness from both sides

194804[/snapback]

But you see, that is all I ever heard from Repubs is 'Clinton this... Clinton that'. I AGREE now it is 'GWB this... GWB that', BUT he is STILL IN OFFICE!!

Big difference!!! In 2008, I'll forget him and move on... I can't speak for other Dems, but I will! After a disaster, the best thing you can do is focus on the present, and clean up the mess left in its wake. Talking about it afterwards doesn't do anything!! :P

For all YOU know, Clinton approached GWB or GHWB and suggested it.  You certainly don't  have any inside information into the workings of the White House to say one way or another.  Unless you live in a rathole and never interact with other people, you ought to know that everyone takes the credit for a good idea, and sidles away from a bad one.

GHWB knows a lot of well-heeled folks AND is in TIGHT with the Saudis who can open the deep pockets over there.  Bubba's fundraising abilities are well known.  So it's a good idea to team the two.

It is not inconceivable that the same cast of clowns who conceived Operation Infinite Quagmire came up with this, but even idiots have a good idea every so often.  Maybe even you had one once :)

194777[/snapback]

Tell us again how it would be OK is Saddam Hussein at his most-powerful in 1989 controlled all the world's natural resources.

And whats the topic this week in the tinfoil hat club? How GWB's purchase of a gas card at the local Mobil was done to manipulate oil prices? Or how the U.S. and Israel (cant foget to blame the JEWS, now!) set off a bomb to cause the tsunamis in order to wage war against Thailand to take over the travel industry in Phuket and channel the profits to Lynne Cheney?

Tell us again how it would be OK is Saddam Hussein at his most-powerful in 1989 controlled all the world's natural resources.

All the world's natural resources? You mean he was going to invade Russia, Alaska, and Venezula? Was he going to use his nuclear weapons to defeat Aquaman and take over the oceans? (Both works of fiction by the way)

All the world's natural resources?  You mean he was going to invade Russia, Alaska, and Venezula?  Was he going to use his nuclear weapons to defeat Aquaman and take over the oceans? (Both works of fiction by the way)

195318[/snapback]

You must have missed the thread the other day where nutbag said wit ha straight face that she could care less if Saddam Hussein controlled ALL the world's oil.

The US is now down into 4th place behind Australia, Germany & Japan.

195562[/snapback]

Better get back up to #1. We all know "our team" cant be down in the rankings!

How many troops and how much equipment are those three countries sending to the region?

Better get back up to #1. We all know "our team" cant be down in the rankings!

How many troops and how much equipment are those three countries sending to the region?

I expect the dollar figure will increase within the next few weeks once a better understanding of the destruction is determined and what support is needed.

Troops and equipment are an important part of the cleanup and luckily the US can help with that (so is Australia.) Not sure if the US is spending $350 mil on troops but I'd guess the pricetag in the end will be rather substantial.

Geez, my first visit to the PPP board in about a month (the TSW wall is too depressing right now, same small minds at work), and see it is the same ol same ol here.....funny stuff Rich! :lol:

194441[/snapback]

Well....welcome back I guess.

Take some prozac and feel free to come back more often. :w00t:

the interesting thing is that the muslim nations have given very little so far, even though the largest muslim nation in the world was the #1 victim in all of this.

195343[/snapback]

Did anyone really expect those people to actually give any form of support? Come on, they are the most hateful, hell bent, radical group of people on the face of the earth. I expect nothing from them, and they never fail to disappoint me.

The only time you will see a happy muslem person is when all the jews, jew lovers ( or supporters same thing to them), and none muslem people are dead. This is not a complcated matter. They hate every none muslem on earth, and will never stop blowing themslves and everything around them up until their goal is reached.

You cannot expect a people who have no love in their heart for their fellow man to actually shed a tear over such a tragedy. Hell some wacko muslem was on the arabic love channel last week saying how this is the fault of those people because they were infidels and they deserved what the got. Now this is what I expect from that wacked out bunch..like I said...they never let me down.