Thought processes by people here I don't understand

Virgil

Completely Agree...

Here is the timeline on QBs in the Nix/Chan Era.

2010 - Starts with Trent Edwards/Fitzpatrick in training camp. Names Edwards as starter and then pulls the plug after 3 games and makes Fitz starter. Fitz fizzles after a few good games. Signs Thigpen

2011 - Starts with Fitz and goes 5-1 against weak teams (except for the win against NE) and hands a 60M contract to Fitz. Comes down crashing rest of the year, winning just one more game

2012 - Struggled through the season making bad decisions at critical times. Had Vince Young in camp and cut him. Traded for Tavaris, but did not suit him up.

It sounds even worse when you lay it all out like that. Just an ongoing series of failures on the part of Nix/Chan at the QB position. And now the Bills are back to square one.

Edited by KD in CT

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You certainly read a lot more into yesterdays PC than I do. But I sure hope you are right.

Everything I stated is pretty much on the surface aside from the inference that fans and prospective coaches would be more at ease with Russ making decisions than a 94 year old owner. What else have I read into the PC?

Everything I stated is pretty much on the surface aside from the inference that fans and prospective coaches would be more at ease with Russ making decisions than a 94 year old owner. What else have I read into the PC?

Yes, that exactly.

"Prospective coaches are likely at ease that Ralph is not tinkering in day to day operations."

" I'd say that development makes Buffalo a much more appealing place to work, and we're certainly looking to do some significant hiring in the near future."

Edited by CodeMonkey

Yes, that exactly.

"Prospective coaches are likely at ease that Ralph is not tinkering in day to day operations."

" I'd say that development makes Buffalo a much more appealing place to work, and we're certainly looking to do some significant hiring in the near future."

If you were considering a position with the Buffalo Bills would you be more comfortable in joining an operation with rumors that a 94 year old owner is still actively involved in day to day operations and total uncertainty as to who is ultimately responsible for making decisions, or would you be more encouraged in accepting a position where the chain of command has been clearly established with Russ Brandon in charge and Buddy Nix given full autonomy of football operations?

Doesn't seem like much of a leap to me that coaches and fans alike would prefer the latter.

As for taking Marrone for HC, this place would melt into lava. I can't believe there is a single person who believes that this guy was calling the offense in NO. And now, after a couple of seasons at .....Syracuse??, he's ready to take over a desperate Buffalo Bills team? This is completely nuts.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you found me. I miss your musk

Also don't forget a GM may target a player in a specific round and then someone snags that target a round earlier. Maybe Nix would have taken Russel Wilson in the next round. I think they would have picked Cousins but Washington got him the pick before us.

I agree with this. Based on some of the comments Nix has made since the last draft, you get the vibe that they had some guys taken out from under him. This is where I think all of the recent comments have come from regarding being willing to trade up to make sure they get their man

You certainly read a lot more into yesterdays PC than I do. But I sure hope you are right.

Completely agree. Some of the folks on the board make it appear that Wilson was making decisions on his own without any input or consultation from Nix and Russ Brandon. In my opinion, the only thing that is changed is the ability for Russ to make a quick decision on something before having to run it by Mr. Wilson.