Bills should youknowhat or get off the pot

And declare it before camp.

Last year, HC Lewis did that with Palmer. You can imagine the howling here, with Kitna having a fine season, and a team that hit .500 after a decade in the toilet.

Palmer didn't take a single game snap in 2003. He sat and watched. He didn't get much if any work with the first team in practice.

Going into '04, he got the camp snaps. He got most of the pre-season snaps.

And he got pummeled in the first half of the season - 1 and 4 start, and 3 - 5 after eight games. Then he started to come around.

The Bills should do the same with Losman.

Last year, HC Lewis did that with Palmer.  You can imagine the howling here, with Kitna having a fine season, and a team that hit .500 after a decade in the toilet.

Palmer didn't take a single game snap in 2003.  He sat and watched.  He didn't get much if any work with the first team in practice.

And he got pummeled in the first half of the season - 1 and 4 start, and 3 - 5 after eight games. Then he started to come around.

194052[/snapback]

And to my mind, if Palmer hadn't gotten hurt, those guys make the playoffs.

Last year, HC Lewis did that with Palmer.  You can imagine the howling here, with Kitna having a fine season, and a team that hit .500 after a decade in the toilet.

Palmer didn't take a single game snap in 2003.  He sat and watched.  He didn't get much if any work with the first team in practice.

194052[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more.

And, correct me if I'm wrong. cause I don't follow the Bengals, but

wasn't Palmer also 3rd-string his rookie year, with Shane Matthews #2 QB?

194052[/snapback]

What makes you think that Losman is even almost as good as Palmer?

It seems to me that no scouts nor GMs did.

Couldn't agree more.

And, correct me if I'm wrong. cause I don't follow the Bengals, but

wasn't Palmer also 3rd-string his rookie year, with Shane Matthews #2 QB?

194076[/snapback]

He was upped to #2 for a few games early in the '03 season when the B'gals had one of their typical 1 and 4 starts, but when they won a few, Matthews was correctly returned to the #2 spot.

What the hell are you all talking about........I for one would prefer that MM opens camp with the number 1 QB spot open, open for competition that is. However, It is certainly safer to name Drew the starter for now and let JP EARN the spot. Unless you GM's and Player Personel folks have some film of JP burning up NFL teams from 2004.

JP is the future and the future, if not now, is very soon. When he earns it he will start, MM knows it and so does Drew. You just don't cut the legs out from Drew with the idea that JP is a prime time player, and then find he's not ready, and either go back to a Drew who at that point could give a crap about the future of the Buffalo Bills or option B, you stick with this young pup, watch him get his confidence blown and watch the season go down the craper ala the Giants.

Folks remember JP sat out most of training camp, preseason and the 2004 season. When he is ready he will go in, but you don't name him starter today.

Put your crying fits over this past Sundays game away!