CJ Spiller finishes 8th in NFL in rushing...some amazing stats

Big Turk

Spiller finishes tied with AP at 6.0 YPC

Spiller finishes 2nd to AP with 20+ runs with 12

Spiller finishes tied for 2nd to AP with 40+ runs with 5

Spiller finishes 4th in NFL for RB's with 200+ carries on 1st down percentage at 25.1%(Ridley, Gore, and Bradshaw only RBs ahead of him)

Spiller finishes 5th in NFL for RB's in receiving yards with 459 yards(Sproles, Joique Bell , Martin and Ray Rice only RBs ahead of him)

Spiller finishes tied for 2nd in NFL for RB's in yards per reception for RB's with at least 20+ receptions at 10.7 yards/catch(Woodhead finished ahead of him and Bradshaw was tied with him)

Spiller finishes 5th in NFL for RB's in combined rushing/receiving yardage with 1,703(Peterson, Charles, Lynch, and Martin only Rb's with more) with all the other RB's having at least 70 more touches than Spiller

CJ is also not going to the Pro Bowl unless he's a late selection. Make sense to anyone?

Yes actually. Not saying that I don't think he deserves it because I do think he does.

It's that he averaged under 10 carries a game for the first 10 weeks which keeps him out of national attention....and....he plays for the Bills which keeps him out of national attention.

The Pro Bowl is largely a popularity contest having fans vote for a decent percent of the outcome(from week 12?).

Pretty simple...don't agree, but pretty simple. CJ makes pro bowl if any one of the following had occurred:

A - his efforts had gotten us a winning record or in the playoffs.

B - he was the feature back even when Fred was healthy

C - he had several more TDs (again see Fred)

D - He played for a team that casual fans cared about.

E - he made a more consistent fantasy impact and was a week in and week out starter (don't under estimate how many people play FF) Kn Fantasy. He wasn't getting enough touches unless Fred was hurt to be a major fantasy factor which would have significantly helped his popularity and exposure on such an irrelevant team this year.

CJ didnt make the pro bowl largely because of Chan Gailey.

Spiller did not make the pro bowl because the Bills suck ass and have not been anywhere near relevant for well over a decade and counting.

The pro bowl is a popularity contest and no one gives a **** about the Bills.

CJ *is* talented, but he does limit things in certain ways. When he's in the game, you can basically guarantee it's a run, or he's going in motion to line up as a WR. I really hope he can be somewhat useful as a pass blocker. I'd love to see him be useful on any sort of down. Also, he needs to figure out a way to get short yardage more dependably.

It's cool seeing him grow as a player. He's made some spectacular plays this year. :)

CJ *is* talented, but he does limit things in certain ways. When he's in the game, you can basically guarantee it's a run, or he's going in motion to line up as a WR. I really hope he can be somewhat useful as a pass blocker. I'd love to see him be useful on any sort of down. Also, he needs to figure out a way to get short yardage more dependably.

It's cool seeing him grow as a player. He's made some spectacular plays this year. :)

That's not what he is. He is a skatback that is a threat to rip off a big gain every time he touches the ball. A 3rd and 2 back he is not.

CJ had a great season and is a great talent. But, I did notice, the Jets in a loosing effort did stop CJ in the running game...check out the stats.

My recollection is that Jason Peters attitude went bad after making the pro bowl. Not so sure I care if our guys get that recognition after that experience.

Edited by bigK14094

That's not what he is. He is a skatback that is a threat to rip off a big gain every time he touches the ball. A 3rd and 2 back he is not.

Yup. And I'd like to see him add that to his repertoire. Otherwise he'll be a specialty back his whole career.

Spiller finishes tied with AP at 6.0 YPC

Spiller finishes 2nd to AP with 20+ runs with 12

Spiller finishes tied for 2nd to AP with 40+ runs with 5

Spiller finishes 4th in NFL for RB's with 200+ carries on 1st down percentage at 25.1%(Ridley, Gore, and Bradshaw only RBs ahead of him)

Spiller finishes 5th in NFL for RB's in receiving yards with 459 yards(Sproles, Joique Bell , Martin and Ray Rice only RBs ahead of him)

Spiller finishes tied for 2nd in NFL for RB's in yards per reception for RB's with at least 20+ receptions at 10.7 yards/catch(Woodhead finished ahead of him and Bradshaw was tied with him)

Spiller finishes 5th in NFL for RB's in combined rushing/receiving yardage with 1,703(Peterson, Charles, Lynch, and Martin only Rb's with more) with all the other RB's having at least 70 more touches than Spiller

Thats one geat backup running back.