Peter king says Chan gone on Monday...

OhIDunno

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/bills_expected_to_fire_hc_chan_gailey_gm_buddy_nix/12521545

Don Banks apperantly has the same or more info than King. I think Brandon is prob the source. A total house cleaning is def in order. Looks like Brandon is being proactive by reaching out to Gruden, etc. I hope Nix is out. He missed on a TON of QB's, and now he is telegraphing draft picks.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it from a reliable source that Thurman Thomas's goat will be named the new owner of the Bills.

Did people learn nothing from the Bill Cowher rumor circus? When will any of you learn that none of these morons with 86 followers on twitter have any sources. Also, your buddy texting you from Miami doesn't know anything either. The people who actually *do* have sources, aren't sure what is going to happen. My god, humans are stupid and can be made to believe almost anything... Far be it from me to make you any less excited. But Thurman Thomas is not buying the Bills...

EDIT: MY BUDDY TEXTED ME -- HE KNOWS PEOPLE IN WEST VIRGINIA MEDIA -- THAT THE JIM KELLY AND THURMAN THOMAS CORPORATION WILL BE BUYING THE TEAM AND OFFERING ALL FANS AT TBD A STAKE IN OWNERSHIP, MUCH LIKE IS THE CASE IN GB. THAT MEANS WE ARE ALL THE NEW OWNERS OF THE TEAM. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

HOORAY TO THE THURMAN THOMAS AND JIM KELLY CORPORATION.

JUST SO YOU ALL BELIEVE ME, I WILL UPLOAD A PICTURE OF MY IPHONE OF THE TEXT SO YOU ALL KNOW I'M NOT MAKING IT UP

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

I have it from a reliable source that Thurman Thomas's goat will be named the new owner of the Bills.

Did people learn nothing from the Bill Cowher rumor circus? When will any of you learn that none of these morons with 86 followers on twitter have any sources. Also, your buddy texting you from Miami doesn't know anything either. The people who actually *do* have sources, aren't sure what is going to happen. My god, humans are stupid and can be made to believe almost anything... Far be it from me to make you any less excited. But Thurman Thomas is not buying the Bills...

Pat Moran will drop the daughter he never had from a plane, without a parachute, if it isn't true.

EDIT: MY BUDDY TEXTED ME -- HE KNOWS PEOPLE IN WEST VIRGINIA MEDIA -- THAT THE JIM KELLY AND THURMAN THOMAS CORPORATION WILL BE BUYING THE TEAM AND OFFERING ALL FANS AT TBD A STAKE IN OWNERSHIP, MUCH LIKE IS THE CASE IN GB. THAT MEANS WE ARE ALL THE NEW OWNERS OF THE TEAM. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

HOORAY TO THE THURMAN THOMAS AND JIM KELLY CORPORATION.

JUST SO YOU ALL BELIEVE ME, I WILL UPLOAD A PICTURE OF MY IPHONE OF THE TEXT SO YOU ALL KNOW I'M NOT MAKING IT UP

i seriously lold at this.

a retarded monkey would be better than Chan. Doesn't matter

That's what we said when Dick was fired.

http://network.yardb...dy_nix/12521545

Don Banks apperantly has the same or more info than King. I think Brandon is prob the source. A total house cleaning is def in order. Looks like Brandon is being proactive by reaching out to Gruden, etc. I hope Nix is out. He missed on a TON of QB's, and now he is telegraphing draft picks.

It's dated 12/27, but this: "Since Gailey was hired in 2010, the Bills have a 15-31 record" is 2 weeks old.

I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see when the Bills announce anything if they do. I'd feel a lot better about this whole Machine Gun Kelly/Thurmanator thing if there was a more reliable source than some guy on a forum with "inside information". You'd think Adam Schefter would tweet something if there was credence or rumors on nfl.com or NFLChannel.

Edited by reddogblitz

On WGRZ, after the Sunday Night Game, Adam Benigni said that he emailed King to follow up on King's comments. Per Benigni, King clarifued that he believed that Gailey would be fired on Monday, not that the decision had been made and that it was a foregone conclusion.

On WGRZ, after the Sunday Night Game, Adam Benigni said that he emailed King to follow up on King's comments. Per Benigni, King clarifued that he believed that Gailey would be fired on Monday, not that the decision had been made and that it was a foregone conclusion.

And THAT is why I rage against all these unsourced, sketchball tweets and off hand comments in the media.

Sorry but I still think our problem is at QB, LB and WR.

What coach in the league would have won more games with our personnel holes. how do you hide an inaccurate QB, only ONE decent LB and ONE decent receiver.

Bring in whoever you want, the problem will stay until the guys on the field change

Ed Kilgore said earlier that he believed that Gailey had a better than 50% chance of being retained. Take that for what it's worth.

What coach in the league would have won more games with our personnel holes. how do you hide an inaccurate QB, only ONE decent LB and ONE decent receiver.

Bring in whoever you want, the problem will stay until the guys on the field change

How do you hide an inaccurate QB? You rely on a strong run game. Seems to have worked just fine for the Vikings.

How do you hide only having one decent WR? You rely on a strong run game OR have a really good weapon at TE. Again, it seems to have worked just fine for Chicago, Minnesota, Seattle, Cincinatti, Houston......

The difference is coaching. Good coaches get the most out of what they have and can mask deficiencies at MOST positions. The one thing I will agree with you about is the LB's, especially in the scheme they are running.

Edited by JM57

How do you hide an inaccurate QB? You rely on a strong run game. Seems to have worked just fine for the Vikings.

How do you hide only having one decent WR? You rely on a strong run game OR have a really good weapon at TE. Again, it seems to have worked just fine for Chicago, Minnesota, Seattle, Cincinatti, Houston......

Or you run a spread offense (see all kinds of college programs lacking offensive talent). It's not like we were forcing high risk stuff, we used scheme to create space our players struggled to (especially when our line was in shambles).

Edited by NoSaint

Or you run a spread offense (see all kinds of college programs lacking offensive talent). It's not like we were forcing high risk stuff, we used scheme to create space our players struggled to (especially when our line was in shambles).

But the combination of a dearth of talent at WR AND an inaccurate QB is what doomed the spread offense here. Even with Nelson as your "clutch/3rd down/possession" guy, without a QB consistently hitting WR's in stride when they DID get open, or without the ability to "throw a guy open".....the scheme is dookie. Which is why you rely on your two very strong RBs....unless you're Chan, apparently

Since I'm up, I'll handle this.

How do you hide an inaccurate QB and win with one decent receiver, you ask? Well, first of all, you can start by NOT running a spread offense with 3 garbage receivers on the field and a QB that can't get them the ball, anyways, especially when you have one of the best running games in the league.

And that's just the beginning of it. Chan is spineless, hence his team is spineless, as well. He's horrible at making mid-game adjustments. Doesn't go for "two" when he should. He probably has the worst challenge percentage in the league. He makes boneheaded decisions, such as Brad Smith's interception against Ari. He refuses to run the ball when trying to close out games. He must be the only coach in the league that can't get a #3 quarterback ready enough to be on the field over an 18 week period. He doesn't even try 50 yard field goals. He doesn't get the most out of players. He thinks Donald Jones is a number two. He has a horrible AFC East record with only 4 wins in three years. He thought Spencer Johnson and Alex Carrington can play outside linebacker. I can go on and on.

How do we even know if Nix is drafting poorly? Maybe Chan isn't good at bringing along players. He's made something out of Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler, to a lesser degree, but that's it.

Chan isn't safe. He isn't coming back as head coach of the Buffalo Bills. We've seen enough.

Edited by NoJustice

Arrrgh. Why wait until Monday? Ralph must be sleeping already. Just do it now and get it over with. How hard is it to pick up a phone and tell Brandon to tell Chan, Buddy and whomever else to hit the bricks? It takes a minute tops. I'll do it. What's the number?

Not everybody is as eager to fire good people from their jobs as you are.

It's amazing how every armchair QB has all the right answers, and they are always right and never wrong, especially on a message board. What did Marv Levy say, when you start listening to the fans is the when you start sitting with them, or something like that.

Ed Kilgore said earlier that he believed that Gailey had a better than 50% chance of being retained. Take that for what it's worth.

Didn't John Clayton say the same thing?

Chan is our best HC since wade Phillips. Sad but true. He should still be fired though.

Boy, now there's an indictment if I've ever seen one.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Trump will never get past the owners if he is the backer (and he is a giant dipshit) but that is just reality, so yeah this being the Bills it is probably him.

At least we would beat Dallas out of the number one most despised douche bag team owner (GM?).

Donald Is Cheap!

Good people or people that are good at their jobs, there is a difference. I don't want to see anyone lose a job/career but when you aren't affective at your responsibility it is time ot find someone who is. Can you honestly sit back and say this was a successful season without even looking at the W/L column? Who did we grow? Who got better and who re-gressed? Stevie played unbelievably, where was this effort all year? Spiller is a diampnd in the rough and it took losing Freddie to really see it. OL-solid, Defense-porous from every angle.