Funny Sight on the National Mall Last Night

plenzmd1

In DC for the evening, we head down to the Mall to see the National Christmas Tree. Below the tree, is a pretty big model train set running with about 5 cars. See a bright orange tank car at rear that caught my eye... yep sure as chit a Hooker Chemical car.

Now, having grown up in Love Canal, I am very familiar with all the facts, and lets just say in my mind a whole lot of blame to go around. But having lost both parents and a brother to cancer where there had been no cancer in either family beforehand, lets just say there is some doubt there.

I was just a little taken aback from seeing that car. Still bothers me the next morning. Not quite sure it should be there as a proud display , but maybe I am just being a little too PC..

BTW, finally made it to The Hamilton last night. 24 hr restaurant, bar, live music venue. Awesome place, encourage anyone visiting DC to check it out. 14th and F.

Edited by plenzmd1

Try Obelisk at Dupont Circle. :thumbsup:

Like Obelisk very much. We went to Bibliana..had the black truffle tasting dinner..was very yummy.

Went to The Hamilton for after dinner drinks. I am sure the food is just fine, just like at any of the other Clydes. But this place had a three sepearte bars upstairs, one is a little piano bar loft, plus the live music downstairs(Little Feat playing last night and tonight) , plus it is open and serving food 24/7. Wish I was 25 and still out partying ...this place way better than Dennys!!!!

I feel for all your hurt and sadness.

Strange... Trying to get a visual of that tank car, I stumbled onto this model set:

Wow! They even have a simulated "accident" Hooker tank car model! Complete with to historical era welders w/torches, spilling chemicals, and workers without a lick of any PPE being worn! :o

http://www.google.co...29,r:0,s:0,i:89

Thats quite a sight...but that is the color