good measuring stick for Geno Smith

RCOHEN13

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you posters are so "transparent" with your opinion of Geno Smith. The two safeties were Geno's fault and not because he's playing behind a putrid offensive line. Keep it real and tell the true reason you "say no to Geno"

racists?

Ah yes, Bowl Season! The time of year when people say "I dont watch much college football, but based on this one game, this guy is..."

I think that most Smith backers are fixated on his performance in WVU's non-conference, cream puff schedule. He's been far from impressive since then.

I've been consistent with my opinion of Smith....wasn't fan in September, and I'm not a fan now.

i didnt start thread for i like Geno.. i still like Barkley over em all.. off yr or not.. 2nd choice would be Landry Jones. I wouldnt go QB in 1st tho, i;d get Vick and draft a 2nd round QB where u may be able to get one of the guys that drop

WRT Barkley, I guess he won't play in his team's bowl game because his shoulder is shot.

That might explain his underwhelming season and the recent criticisms of scouts that his throws lack zip.

Never seen him play so I'm simply putting that out there for consumption.

racists?

I think that most Smith backers are fixated on his performance in WVU's non-conference, cream puff schedule. He's been far from impressive since then.

I've been consistent with my opinion of Smith....wasn't fan in September, and I'm not a fan now.

Understood - I cautiously liked his early performance, and wasn't shocked by the teams collapse. His role in it and how he's responded has been a mixed bag.

Purely on a tools and fundamentals standpoint - he's pretty good. Leadership, response to adversity, etc... is lackluster right now.

Obviously don't like Smith, but Nassib is underwhelming too. Maybe his coach just decided he wanted to run the ball, but the lack of confidence in his QB is telling.

In the elements, sometimes you just want to manage the game. Especially when the other teams trying to give it away. Let WVU make all the mistakes and walk out with a win.

In the elements, sometimes you just want to manage the game. Especially when the other teams trying to give it away. Let WVU make all the mistakes and walk out with a win.

Exactly - Marrone's job is to win the game, not to showcase Nassib to NFL scouts.

Oh yeah, agreed. Just saying that Nassib has shown nada. If you have a good QB, you are gonna give him a chance to perfoem, regardless of the weather. That they handed tha ball off all day in a bowl game tells me something about thier QB.

Some of you posters are so "transparent" with your opinion of Geno Smith. The two safeties were Geno's fault and not because he's playing behind a putrid offensive line. Keep it real and tell the true reason you "say no to Geno"

Is this really where you want to go? Are you accusing those who are unimpressed by the kid of racism, let alone people that you do not know? Is so, that is lame and shallow.If not I'm sorry, and ask you to explain what you are saying.

Edited by Bill from NYC