good measuring stick for Geno Smith

RCOHEN13

OP was right. This has been a good measuring stick for Smith and guess what, he has come up very short. I would think that he is now well behind the big guy, Glennon?, and the two Tylers, Wilson and Bray, and maybe even Barkley. Some clown GM will think he is RGIII or Can Newton, so he'll be drafted in first round, but anyone who does is getting a pop gun arm and a burst balloon head.

Oh well, he would still be better than what we got..

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how Geno looked fantastic during the first part of the season and was the consensus 1st pick, then has looked fairly average during the 2nd half but still people view him as the #1 pick. I hope Nix/Whaley/whoever don't have the same blinders on.

OP was right. This has been a good measuring stick for Smith and guess what, he has come up very short. I would think that he is now well behind the big guy, Glennon?, and the two Tylers, Wilson and Bray, and maybe even Barkley. Some clown GM will think he is RGIII or Can Newton, so he'll be drafted in first round, but anyone who does is getting a pop gun arm and a burst balloon head.

I hope we don't draft a player believed to be the next Cam Newton. I prefer a winner.

I suspect he'll go higher then 6th qb, easily.

Didnt see today's game but he has a good arm, accuracy.... But this season has certainly taken a nasty turn. Some real red flags popped up.

There still a half left and it's snowing I wouldnt go all bonkers over one half IMO. Geno is okay so far some drops mixed in. Tons of time left if this is his measuring stick all of a sudden. He's still top 2-3 qb at worst

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Wvu really had the wheels fall off this year. Clearly the defense is the main culprit but the whole team has felt... off... when I've seen them. Probably 5-6 games.

Just seems like there's something that's bubbling behind the scenes.

He nearly hit 13 on that grounding call... Just saying

Edited by NoSaint

I realize that the conditions are bad. But, I am totally unimpressed with Smith. His out patterns lacked zip, and his shoulders seem quite narrow. I was hoping that he would have a great game today to make sure he was the first player selected. My wish is that the Bills do not draft him.

We need a QB, and I would, at this point, be fine with Glennon or perhaps even Nassib. The last player I want the Bills to draft high is Geno Smith.

PS: My record wrt qbs is sketchy. I was right about Losman being awful, but I thought Rob Johnson was going to be a superstar.

I realize that the conditions are bad. But, I am totally unimpressed with Smith. His out patterns lacked zip, and his shoulders seem quite narrow. I was hoping that he would have a great game today to make sure he was the first player selected. My wish is that the Bills do not draft him.

We need a QB, and I would, at this point, be fine with Glennon or perhaps even Nassib. The last player I want the Bills to draft high is Geno Smith.

PS: My record wrt qbs is sketchy. I was right about Losman being awful, but I thought Rob Johnson was going to be a superstar.

Smith can throw the bubble screen like no other!