Trading down in the draft

simpleman

I think there is a strong chance Vick is the QB for the Bills next year. There will be other suitors but the Bills wanted him out of prison and the need is even greater today. This would free the first round for BPA. We will have see where the free agent QB dominoes fall.

vick is not the player he was and not the answer for the Bills. I question what he brings to the locker room too. We need a good young QB who can lead this team the next 10 years

I too would be very happy with the draft you just mentioned

I did not mention specific players by my preference . I listed the players based on their current rankings, assuming that if we traded down, we would most likely be out of the running for the #1 players at any position. I meant gaining the extra picks and using them for the bpa at the position of need in round 1 and the best two QBs available in round two. Of course the names may change but the strategy would not.

And my point is: Current rankings are nearly useless. Glennon could just as easily be a 4th rounder as the top pick in the draft.

I really think the Bills have to get a FA QB that could be considered a starter (Vick, Smith, Flynn, Henne, etc).

This will allow us to shop for a QB in the draft not by drastic need, but buy sound decision making (Draft BPA in Rd. 1, then assess the QB landscape based on who reaches in Rd. 1) If we come out of this draft with a developmental guy (Nassib, Dysert, Jones) then fantastic, we can build out the rest of the team and have the Veteran QB fill the gap. If Geno falls or Glennon destroys the workouts/combines, we'll be right there to take one of them. The FA QB is then the backup.

It also allows the Bills to play a little guessing game with other GM's and not be so predictable. That will help us in any trade up/trade down scenario. I cannot stand Buddy's MO when it comes to telegraphing picks.

One scenario that I hav enot seen discussed all that much: What if there's a franchise LT as the BPA when we pick, and QB 1, 2 and Te'o are off the board?? Would not be surprised if we let Levitre walk, move Cordy to Guard and install the new LT. Wouldn't be terrible but our needs elsewhere are too great. My pick there is Werner.

NO CB!!!!!!!!!!!

vick is not the player he was and not the answer for the Bills. I question what he brings to the locker room too. We need a good young QB who can lead this team the next 10 years

I agree on both fronts. Is there a player in this draft that will fall to the Bills that can step in and start day 1. I think the task of selling tickets is going to play a role as well. I have a hunch the Bills FO is going to make a play for Vick at roughly the same salary as Fitzpatrick was making maybe a bit more. Is Vick great? No but he would put bums in the seats.

Edited by agardin

How does Teo compare to Kuch......because honestly I really like Kuch

There is no comparison. Keuchly's athleticism is off the charts. There are concerns about Te'o's speed, both lateral and to the hole, and his coverage ability. 'Bama game will be a huge test for him. They are as good from G to G along the Oline as some pro teams and their backs will give ND all they can ask for.

He seems to possess every intangible you can ask for in a player. The kind of guy you just want on your team.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I agree on both fronts. Is there a player in this draft that will fall to the Bills that can step in and start day 1. I think the task of selling tickets is going to play a role as well. I have a hunch the Bills FO is going to make a play for Vick at roughly the same salary as Fitzpatrick was making maybe a bit more. Is Vick great? No but he would put bums in the seats.

They better have names on their shopping carts, so we can tell them apart from the bums on the field.

One scenario that I hav enot seen discussed all that much: What if there's a franchise LT as the BPA when we pick, and QB 1, 2 and Te'o are off the board?? Would not be surprised if we let Levitre walk, move Cordy to Guard and install the new LT. Wouldn't be terrible but our needs elsewhere are too great. My pick there is Werner.

NO CB!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not be opposed that if we were to trade down and Matthews was available, to put him in at RT. Then we could really solidify our OL(assuming we resign our own FA). Keep Glenn where he is and let our strength at RB really become the focus of our offense.Our OL weakness is on the right side and this could fortify it and make it top 5. Hate to say this (one time only today) Go Jets!! Ouch, LOL.