N.Y. Website Posts Map Of People With Gun Permits, Draws Criticism

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never read it... So there is no need to respond to it whatever stupid dreck you posted.

The bottom line is: Get use to stuff like this (map and registry)... As long as we as a society are having massacres @ the hands of easily accessible firepower, tactics to stigmatize gun ownership and get ordinary citizens involved will go on. Sorry Charlie. End of discussion. Go cry somewhere else that your privacy is being infringed on... Oh, and thank that low-life, dirt ball Adam Lanza and his half-wit paranoid gun toting mama for turning the tide among tens of millions of people... Capiche?

And when one of those homes listed in the paper get busted into, I hope they sue the pants off the paper.

I'm a chump because you knew you couldn't answer that question without getting yourself in a bind?

LoL... Not even close! LoL. You're a loon. Yeah, your Swiss Army Knife IS a WMD. Now go murder 20 1st graders with the can opener and we will put you on a map/list.

And when one of those homes listed in the paper get busted into, I hope they sue the pants off the paper.

I thought guns were a deterrent to crime? Why would they bust into a house with firearms? Huh? Wouldn't they just pick on the other houses?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I never read it... So there is no need to respond to it whatever stupid dreck you posted.

The bottom line is: Get use to stuff like this (map and registry)... As long as we as a society are having massacres @ the hands of easily accessible firepower, tactics to stigmatize gun ownership and get ordinary citizens involved will go on. Sorry Charlie. End of discussion. Go cry somewhere else that your privacy is being infringed on... Oh, and thank that low-life, dirt ball Adam Lanza and his half-wit paranoid gun toting mama for turning the tide among tens of millions of people... Capiche?

Interesting choices of words in that post. Registry? Guns already need to be registered. Firepower? Sounds like you're equating guns to tanks. Stigmatize? What are you afraid of? You call gun owners paranoid but you appear to be the paranoid one. Ordinary citizens? So only non-gun owners are ordinary. Low life dirt ball? Is that how you look at all with mental illnesses? Half-wit paranoid gun toting mama? So how much time did you spend with her before her "dirt ball" son killed her? Dude you are one !@#$ed up piece of work.

I thought guns were a deterrent to crime? Why would they bust into a house with firearms? Huh? Wouldn't they just pick on the other houses?

For the most part they are, but never underestimate the stupidity of a criminal.

I can see some dope lying in a pool of his own blood, with a print out from that site in his back pocket. Then his family will cry that the paper is to blame for his death because they provided the info he used in his crime.

Interesting choices of words in that post. Registry? Guns already need to be registered. Firepower? Sounds like you're equating guns to tanks. Stigmatize? What are you afraid of? You call gun owners paranoid but you appear to be the paranoid one. Ordinary citizens? So only non-gun owners are ordinary. Low life dirt ball? Is that how you look at all with mental illnesses? Half-wit paranoid gun toting mama? So how much time did you spend with her before her "dirt ball" son killed her? Dude you are one !@#$ed up piece of work.

Again.. It is no big deal to be on the map. Heck, the other half is off the map. The guns are already registered and people can find out I suppose. The map just makes it easier to see where the legal guns are. Maybe somebody does OR does not want to live next to them... They can then make a choice to say not buy a house or buy a house. Same with doing business with somebody, check them and vett them to see if they are gun owners, then it a person's choice to discriminate against them or not on the basis of owning guns. It is a two way street. I mean, you register your car and people can find out where you live. What is the big deal. Because of these murders in CO, CT, and NY people may want to be proactive in how they approach, live near, or deal w/people.

For the most part they are, but never underestimate the stupidity of a criminal.

I can see some dope lying in a pool of his own blood, with a print out from that site in his back pocket. Then his family will cry that the paper is to blame for his death because they provided the info he used in his crime.

We will cross that bridge when we get to it.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/27/5079151/california-gun-sales-increase.html

"Gun deaths and injuries have dropped sharply in California, even as the number of guns sold in the state has risen, according to new state data.

Dealers sold 600,000 guns in California last year, up from 350,000 in 2002, according to records of sale tallied by the California Attorney General's office.

During that same period, the number of California hospitalizations due to gun injuries declined from about 4,000 annually to 2,800, a roughly 25 percent drop, according to hospital records collected by the California Department of Public Health.

Firearm-related deaths fell from about 3,200 annually to about 2,800, an 11 percent drop, state health figures show."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/27/5079151/california-gun-sales-increase.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.sacbee.co...s-increase.html

"Gun deaths and injuries have dropped sharply in California, even as the number of guns sold in the state has risen, according to new state data.

Dealers sold 600,000 guns in California last year, up from 350,000 in 2002, according to records of sale tallied by the California Attorney General's office.

During that same period, the number of California hospitalizations due to gun injuries declined from about 4,000 annually to 2,800, a roughly 25 percent drop, according to hospital records collected by the California Department of Public Health.

Firearm-related deaths fell from about 3,200 annually to about 2,800, an 11 percent drop, state health figures show."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.co...l#storylink=cpy

I hear what you are saying 3rd... This is good news.

Do we continue to go down this road and stomach the massacres as minor blips? Or do we change course and try to get both the blips and the general stats in line?

Again, do we have the stomach to carry on when CO, CT, NY type shootings (let alone the other major ones too) happen in a calendar year.

And, I am not attacking you. Stats like you posted, I take notice.

I hear what you are saying 3rd... This is good news.

Do we continue to go down this road and stomach the massacres as minor blips? Or do we change course and try to get both the blips and the general stats in line?

Again, do we have the stomach to carry on when CO, CT, NY type shootings (let alone the other major ones too) happen in a calendar year.

And, I am not attacking you. Stats like you posted, I take notice.

So California gun sales increase dramatically and gun deaths and injuries go down significantly. What specifically is your plan to get rid of the "blips"?

So California gun sales increase dramatically and gun deaths and injuries go down significantly. What specifically is your plan to get rid of the "blips"?

I really don't know... But stomaching the headlines is getting sickening. For sure it is not "stay the course" and do nothing and just stomach it. One side of the equation (the mass murder incidents) is outweighing the other side of the equation (the stats you are posting). A silly list and infringing on one's privacy that gets people in tune w/what others are doing, to me, doesn't sound like a bad idea if it doesn't hurt the positive side of the equation.

Again.. It is no big deal to be on the map.

And there we have it. The hypocrisy of the left. You love to B word about the "selfish" conservatives, rich people and baby boomers when you too are one of the most selfish people there are. Oh it should be ok to publish a map like that because it doesn't bother you. Good job EII....good job.

And there we have it. The hypocrisy of the left. You love to B word about the "selfish" conservatives, rich people and baby boomers when you too are one of the most selfish people there are. Oh it should be ok to publish a map like that because it doesn't bother you. Good job EII....good job.

What do you mean? Explain how I am being selfish? I don't mind being on the map being a legal gun owner. I said earlier that they should publish the list of people on food stamps too... My God, everybody is all over the internet anyway.

What do you mean? Explain how I am being selfish? I don't mind being on the map being a legal gun owner. I said earlier that they should publish the list of people on food stamps too... My God, everybody is all over the internet anyway.

And the people in charge of locks and dams and that stuff. We have a right to know who is moving our water around.

Because you're ok with it we all should be as well. Sorry that's so hard for you to understand.

And the people in charge of locks and dams and that stuff. We have a right to know who is moving our water around.

You do!

Go to www.CorpsLocks.usace.army.mil

You will get all the info there! Tonnage, vessels, queues and what not.

Live AiS can be found @

www.MarineTraffic.com

If you zoom into the MidWest sector, you can find what is moving on the CAW's... The vessel William C is moving north just below Blue Island, IL...

Because you're ok with it we all should be as well. Sorry that's so hard for you to understand.

Understandable... Let see what the people think... You might still be in the right. The tide and sentiment is changing after everyone of these senseless massacres.

You do!

Go to www.CorpsLocks.usace.army.mil

You will get all the info there! Tonnage, vessels, queues and what not.

Live AiS can be found @

www.MarineTraffic.com

If you zoom into the MidWest sector, you can find what is moving on the CAW's... The vessel William C is moving north just below Blue Island, IL...

I don't want to know WHAT is moving, I want to know WHO is moving it. Can you provide the link that includes your name and address? Also the names and addresses of the guys driving the boats please. The public needs to know who these people are before they crash another boat into a bridge or reef or something.

You can do a hell of a lot more damage with a 1/2 million ton ship than you can with a gun.

I really don't know... But stomaching the headlines is getting sickening. For sure it is not "stay the course" and do nothing and just stomach it. One side of the equation (the mass murder incidents) is outweighing the other side of the equation (the stats you are posting). A silly list and infringing on one's privacy that gets people in tune w/what others are doing, to me, doesn't sound like a bad idea if it doesn't hurt the positive side of the equation.

I have a solution to your stomach problems. The government tells the media to stop pushing the school/theatre/mall incidents and ignore them, just like they ignore all the black on black killing in Chicago that's led to over 500 deaths so far in 2012. What makes you think that an invasion of privacy by publishing the names of people with gun permits will improve the situation? I showed you in an earlier post where increasing gun sales reduced violence. Let's stay the course and not be happy until every responsible adult is packing. We'll also solve your great desire to publish people's names. When someone asks who in Decatur has a gun permit, we can say "everybody".

I don't want to know WHAT is moving, I want to know WHO is moving it. Can you provide the link that includes your name and address? Also the names and addresses of the guys driving the boats please. The public needs to know who these people are before they crash another boat into a bridge or reef or something.

You can do a hell of a lot more damage with a 1/2 million ton ship than you can with a gun.

I see. Sorry. Probably out there somewhere. But I see your point. I never disputed the privacy thing and why the intruding upon the second. BUT, in the wake of things like CT and dam failures... The public has a right, IMO, to know.

I have a solution to your stomach problems. The government tells the media to stop pushing the school/theatre/mall incidents and ignore them, just like they ignore all the black on black killing in Chicago that's led to over 500 deaths so far in 2012. What makes you think that an invasion of privacy by publishing the names of people with gun permits will improve the situation? I showed you in an earlier post where increasing gun sales reduced violence. Let's stay the course and not be happy until every responsible adult is packing. We'll also solve your great desire to publish people's names. When someone asks who in Decatur has a gun permit, we can say "everybody".

Somebody, in high places (of NY), must think the same way... They are publishing the names... I must not be alone in the belief that people may or may not want to live near guns.

I see. Sorry. Probably out there somewhere. But I see your point. I never disputed the privacy thing and why the intruding upon the second. BUT, in the wake of things like CT and dam failures... The public has a right, IMO, to know.

Somebody, in high places (of NY), must think the same way... They are publishing the names... I must not be alone in the belief that people may or may not want to live near guns.

You totally missed my point, about what I expected. Somebody in high places=a newspaper/web site.

Edited by 3rdnlng

You totally missed my point, about what I expected. Somebody in high places=a newspaper/web site.

Is the state getting heart burn... I gotta go back and check. It is public knowledge anyway? I suppose people can just check, except it would be a bit harder. What the point of argument? Problem? Ease of use? NOW that everybody knows, I suppose it is worse.

Anybody check the poll? It was almost a 50-50 split, with an advantage going to deny ease of use due to privacy. People can just look it up anyway.