Miami game - more comments from the Bills vets gallery

If you don't think the guy next to you can make the play required, you cheat towards him and neglect your own job. It's happened a TON this year. I don't think guys are lazy, I think they don't trust each other to be capable from a skill stand point. Just my opinion but it looks to OFTEN be true.

I think this is probably it. But, is it not fair to ask if there is equal mistrust of the scheme itself, then? Is the scheme so flimsy that one missed assignment will sink it every time, or is this a case of breakdowns across the board?

I think this is probably it. But, is it not fair to ask if there is equal mistrust of the scheme itself, then? Is the scheme so flimsy that one missed assignment will sink it every time, or is this a case of breakdowns across the board?

I don't think it's one guy- you've got Barnett that's often a step slow, shepherd playing poorly, bradhams a rookie, does anyone trust Scott to keep up with his guy or get downhill? Then corners that are spotty. The safeties trying to hold things together.... I don't think it's a scheme issue. Show me any team at the top of the league with a bottom of the league position group - OL, DL, LB, secondary, whatever- they'll have weaknesses but even those weaknesses are typically middle of the pack. You might have a player here or there that they cover for, but not a whole group typically.

Edited by NoSaint

Maybe Talley should have made a tackle in the SuperBowl. He is the second most overrated player of all time next to Conlan. I have no idea why this board loves him so much. He did not deserve a place on the wall.

Shut up and go away...

*bows* After you, Dadonkadonk. You lead the way and show us how it's done (the "Shut up and go away" thing).

Judging from the above, it will be no loss

After the way Barnett played last year and then this year there is no question in my mind that the scheme and the coach are the main problem (and perhaps he has lost a step). He never played outside before, wonder why?

Err, maybe because his talents are better suited to playing ILB?

It's bad enough when fans act as though players are little FRUs who can be moved from position to position, including positions they've never played before in a long, respectable career.

The sad thing is when our FO and coaching staff do this

In Fred Smerlas book "By a Nose" he wrote about the guys laying down to get rid of Hank Bullough. Never forgot that, and I think we are seeing it again this season. Not all, but some. Also, I always thought his admissions should have kept the "human off-sides penalty" off the wall. I'm not sure some of these players even remember what a 100% even feels like. They really have not been pushed by the experience of a "high stakes" game in so long.