Miami game - more comments from the Bills vets gallery

Darryl Talley@DarrylTalley

Been silent 4 weeks. Not tonight. Bills need 2 carry out their assignments. This is pretty ugly.

I observed so many players not carrying out their assignments. Unprepared = Unacceptable.

There are players on the Bills who ought to be plain kicked in their ass.

Been silent 4 weeks. Not tonight. Bills need 2 carry out their assignments. This is pretty ugly.

I observed so many players not carrying out their assignments. Unprepared = Unacceptable.

There are players on the Bills who ought to be plain kicked in their ass.

Hey this isn't Mike Ditka's NFL :pirate:

I mean after all its illegal to make any kind of contact in practice any more and it;s written into the CBA that they get two hr rub downs from those Asian "masseuses" :flirt:

The fact of the matter is that the play of the NFL has, in fact gotten worse under the new CBA. Guys are better athletes in the NFL, but their technique is mostly pure ****. This goes from O-line footwork, to Defensive tackling.

I'm sure its completely unrelated to the limitations on practice time...

The fact of the matter is that the play of the NFL has, in fact gotten worse under the new CBA. Guys are better athletes in the NFL, but their technique is mostly pure ****. This goes from O-line footwork, to Defensive tackling.

And yet within the rules, some Ds are at the top of the NFL and then...there is the Bills D

it's not about time it's how they practice.

There is. The question is work ethic.

To be fair, from the get go there were questions in the back 7 with merely hopes the front 4 would help. There's no way to get instant pressure every snap though.

Plus I think everyone expected a tiny bit more out of shepherd, and Barnett not to get so ugly. I thought they'd be a shade below average, not worst in the league. You can't overcome any position group playing that poorly and win consistently. The nfl is too good.

So instead you are sayingnthe team is loaded with talented but lazy players?

How do you know this?

Maybe they're lazy. Maybe they're quitting on Gailey. I'm no more sure than you are that it's a talent issue, but Talley's comments support a lack of effort/work ethic more than it being a talent issue.

Maybe they're lazy. Maybe they're quitting on Gailey. I'm no more sure than you are that it's a talent issue, but Talley's comments support a lack of effort/work ethic more than it being a talent issue.

Disagree. Talleys comments simply point to poor play and freelancing. That can be either category, and I'd easily argue its a talent issue. Secondary is average at best, linebackers might be the worst out there.

Disagree. Talleys comments simply point to poor play and freelancing. That can be either category, and I'd easily argue its a talent issue. Secondary is average at best, linebackers might be the worst out there.

I won't claim there is talent at every position, but Talley talked about missed assignments and being unprepared. Those to me point to mostly coaching and/or effort.

I won't claim there is talent at every position, but Talley talked about missed assignments and being unprepared. Those to me point to mostly coaching and/or effort.

If you don't think the guy next to you can make the play required, you cheat towards him and neglect your own job. It's happened a TON this year. I don't think guys are lazy, I think they don't trust each other to be capable from a skill stand point. Just my opinion but it looks to OFTEN be true.

If you don't think the guy next to you can make the play required, you cheat towards him and neglect your own job. It's happened a TON this year. I don't think guys are lazy, I think they don't trust each other to be capable from a skill stand point. Just my opinion but it looks to OFTEN be true.

Well then, that's a lack of discipline. You are expected to carry-out your assignment, not someone else's.

Well then, that's a lack of discipline. You are expected to carry-out your assignment, not someone else's.

Agreed. But I think that's regularly happening. I don't think these guys are lazy - just a dysfunctional unit. If you see a guy getting beat repeatedly, it's a tough spot. Especially when its a whole unit, not just one guy. Barnett is a good 3rd best LB, he's an awful top LB for a team.

Edited by NoSaint

Maybe Talley should have made a tackle in the SuperBowl. He is the second most overrated player of all time next to Conlan. I have no idea why this board loves him so much. He did not deserve a place on the wall.

Shut up and go away...

The rest of the league respected his game when he played, maybe u should too!