Bills vets on "CJ gets winded" (from twitter)

Jim Swiech@Swxter28

@thurmanthomas how would you have reacted if Marv told the media that you got winded after two 13 yard carries?

Thurman Thomas@thurmanthomas

@Swxter28 I would have given him a kick in the throat..

Darryl Talley@DarrylTalley

Just my opinion (& theyre like !@#$s) but Chan saying CJ gets winded is throwing the strength & conditioning coach under the bus.

And there you have it. Word from a player who has a lot of regard for his former coach - but wouldn't if the coach dissed him thus.

And that's what it is, it's big time dissing.

It's saying CJ is unprofessional & doesn't take care of business (his own conditioning), and the S&C coach isn't professional enough to help him.

Edited by Hopeful

Did anyone take Chan seriously whe he said this about CJ? What Chan should have said is "I'm an idiot. I out think myself, never an opposing coach, by thinking I'm an offensive genius." Chan threw CJ under the bus because he has no clue how to call an offensive game plan. Yeah, it worked for 6 games at the beginning of last season. Since then, ZERO.

RTB

Did anyone take Chan seriously whe he said this about CJ? What Chan should have said is "I'm an idiot. I out think myself, never an opposing coach, by thinking I'm an offensive genius." Chan threw CJ under the bus because he has no clue how to call an offensive game plan. Yeah, it worked for 6 games at the beginning of last season. Since then, ZERO.

Evidently, some do (see 2nd post this thread)

I thought it was BS when I 1st heard it. What didn't strike me until I read Thurman's tweet and Talley's response was how either it's personally insulting to CJ (assuming it's not true) or it's throwing the S&C coach under the bus (if true).

Edited by Hopeful

Are we talking about the Chan Gailey that - after a lengthy series of OTAs, mini-camps, training camp, and preseason that supposedly constituted a comprehensive and completely open evaluation of all Bills QBs - first hitched his wagon to Fanning Fan Edwards, asserting that Trentative gave the Bills the the best chance of winning?

The same Chan Gailey that - just two weeks into that same season he decided that Trentative was the team's best option - changed his mind, sent Fanning Fan to football obscurity, pronouncing his full and comprehensive evaluation utterly worthless and a complete waste of his first 6 months as head coach, and that it was actually Fitz who would supposedly lead the Bills to the promised land?

This is the southern-fried idiot whose suspect opinions we're discussing?

GO BILLSSS!!!!

5 and 11 baby!!!!! :sick:

Are we talking about the Chan Gailey that - after a lengthy series of OTAs, mini-camps, training camp, and preseason that supposedly constituted a comprehensive and completely open evaluation of all Bills QBs - first hitched his wagon to Fanning Fan Edwards, asserting that Trentative gave the Bills the the best chance of winning?

The same Chan Gailey that - just two weeks into that same season he decided that Trentative was the team's best option - changed his mind, sent Fanning Fan to football obscurity, pronouncing his full and comprehensive evaluation utterly worthless and a complete waste of his first 6 months as head coach, and that it was actually Fitz who would supposedly lead the Bills to the promised land?

This is the southern-fried idiot whose suspect opinions we're discussing?

GO BILLSSS!!!!

5 and 11 baby!!!!! :sick:

Chan has screwed up in every single QB decision:

Trent Edwards Vs Fitzpatrick

Thigpen, Vince Young, Jackson.

And chose three drafts to not draft a single QB in any round except for the token 7th rounder in year 1.

Chan Must Go. I would rather have Munchak if he is fired in Tennessee.

CJ said he was winded after the 2 13 yard runs and took himself out.

And, one could, from the context and later clarifications, take Gailey's comment to mean exactly that: when CJ gets winded, he takes himself out of the game. And, like you mention, CJ confirmed himself that he did in fact take himself out of the game.

BTW, didn't Thurman tweet something about how he'd never have taken himself out of the game to catch his breath or whatever one wants to call it? He might have told Jim to call someone else's number in the huddle, but he'd never take himself out.

BTW, didn't Thurman tweet something about how he'd never have taken himself out of the game to catch his breath or whatever one wants to call it? He might have told Jim to call someone else's number in the huddle, but he'd never take himself out.

I got to see Thurman speak at a private business function a couple months ago. At one point he was talking about his first game with the Bills. Jim called several running plays to start. Thurman, his words, after about 8 plays, asked Jim if he could throw the ball for a few plays because he was getting tired.

Here's a tweet from a Bills player today. I thought it was a joke until I realized how much NFL and NBA players love this movie and saw follow up tweets:

torell troupVerified@TorellTroup

Only holiday tradition i still follow is i always watch scarface on Christmas day.

What a Godless heathen. Scarface on Christmas = Douche.

I honestly think Chans point on CJ is when he is a little winded it takes away the strength of his game. Not saying I agree, but I think that's the intent.

A lot of your every down backs can play most snaps at about 75% speed and last a while. CJ is 100% on every down.

Agreed. CJ is explosion...if he can't explode 100% on a carry he should come out for a second and then go back in...