Gailey's Stubborness - "Fitz Gives Us Best Chance"

Mr. T

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean a bunch of guys that ran 4.5s in the 40? Any reason you think Jackson's effective in that scheme? Or just, as you said, sick of the status quo and anything else is better?

Yes, I am tired of the status quo and would have liked to have seen Jackson when he could have made a difference. Jackson may not run a 4.5, but he's not far off (4.7). This was scout's evaluation of him after the combine, "among the top-5 quarterbacks in ball speed and 40 yard dash". He is athletic and has a strong arm. I just believe he would be a good fit for the read option that everyone seems to be running. Too bad we will never find out.

Plus Gailey wants the win. He was 4-12, then 6-10. If The Bills lose this Sunday he will be 5-11 and worse in season 3 than in season 2.

Chan did say they were better, but didn't have any evidence to support this assertion.

This is going to be one interesting off-season.

Yes, I am tired of the status quo and would have liked to have seen Jackson when he could have made a difference. Jackson may not run a 4.5, but he's not far off (4.7). This was scout's evaluation of him after the combine, "among the top-5 quarterbacks in ball speed and 40 yard dash". He is athletic and has a strong arm. I just believe he would be a good fit for the read option that everyone seems to be running. Too bad we will never find out.

i guess - do keep in mind though, that one of those teams running the scheme you want parted ways with him rather cheaply. obviously a lot more to it than simply that (high priced free agent, rookie beat both the FA and TJax out making it an odd spot, no coach is perfect in their evaluations etc....) but this is the third team that seems ok with not giving him a real shot. it might make for a more entertaining sunday in late december, but i cant go as far as to say it really makes the team better. i wouldnt have been upset if he played, but im really not mad that he didnt. i got killed back in august/september when the move was made and everyone was claiming thigpen would be cut by week 3 for saying that we would keep all 3 on the depth chart most if not all season, as i didnt think he would suddenly be competing for the starting job.

Gailey is right that Fitz 'gives us the best chance to win' but what he doesn't say or acknowledge is the HC's system and the scheme exposes Fitz's weaknesses and flaws by making him pass 35+ times per game vs. utilizing a balance of run/pass with two very good running backs. The only game I remember them emphasizing the run was the Jacksonville game when it was too windy to throw for both teams. With a better gameplan he might have been able to squeeze out a couple more wins with Fitz and this putrid DC and defensive scheme but its too late for that and all three (Gailey, Fitz, Wanny) should be sent packing at the finish of the season next Sunday.

My nightmare scenario would be Gailey getting canned and Wanny being promoted to HC. Even this organization can't be that stupid. Can it?