to all those who thought we could win a SB

JP-era

The problem I have with peppered beef jerky is that the peppers often times overtake the natural goodness of the jerky itself. Of course, I've always been something of a purist when it comes to meat. I don't even season my burgers before grilling them, let alone mess with my steak. While jerkey is at the bottom of the evolutionary scale of meat, it is still meat you can carry with you and gnaw on while drinking beer...and that's a good thing, as long as it's not peppered...or teriyaki'ed...or whatever.

I'm sorry. What was this thread about again?

194036[/snapback]

My father in law makes the best Venison Jerky ever. He brings that stuff over and I swear to god it's like eating a slice of heaven.

My father in law makes the best Venison Jerky ever. He brings that stuff over and I swear to god it's like eating a slice of heaven.

194040[/snapback]

Never had venison jerky. I have to imagine it's pretty amazing foodstuff given how much I enjoy venison.

The problem I have with peppered beef jerky is that the peppers often times overtake the natural goodness of the jerky itself. Of course, I've always been something of a purist when it comes to meat. I don't even season my burgers before grilling them, let alone mess with my steak. While jerkey is at the bottom of the evolutionary scale of meat, it is still meat you can carry with you and gnaw on while drinking beer...and that's a good thing, as long as it's not peppered...or teriyaki'ed...or whatever.

194036[/snapback]

These puppies go well with beer too. If they aren't spicy enough for you, you can always add a bit of hot sauce to 'em.

Ya know, I've never been a pork rind guy. They always remind me of Cheetos. One crunch, lots of air, and then melted mush. Of course, I spent summers working a Pig Roast stand at the German Alps Festival on Hunter Mtn. in the Catskills years ago, so that probably has something to do with my distaste as well.

Oh, yeah. Bledsoe cost us a SB. :D

194040[/snapback]

My friend gets a couple deer every year. Gives me venison jerky and some steaks from his kill each time. That is so darn good !

My friend gets a couple deer every year. Gives me venison jerky and some steaks from his kill each time. That is so darn good !

194078[/snapback]

My old college roomate's dad would get a deer each year, and his mom would send us big containers of venison chili. Unbelieveable way to eat venison.

I used to make jerky all the time.... don't actually know why I stopped, as its much cheaper than buying it.

Anyway, there were two different types, one made with very thin sliced beef cut into small pieces.

The other was very lean ground beef put into this contraption that almost looks like a spackle gun, with a flat, rectangular tip. This of course isn't true jerky, but its cheaper to make and can soak up a arinade quicker.

Either way, I think I just convinced myself to fire up the old dehydrator this weekend.

Man, I love a good jerky.

My friend gets a couple deer every year.

Your friend better be a farmer or I'm calling the game commission!

Unless of course you give me some jerky so that I'll be too busy chawing to talk on the phone.

that's a pretty weak argument.

Defense - D wins. But ours hasn't proven it is SB caliber yet. In fact it might just be the achilles heal.

RB - Every team that wins the super bowl has a good or great back. Can't do without one. Is McGahee a great back, we'll know next year.

WR - We have one good recvr and one good rookie recvr. Hardly SB material, but might be next year, but most likely two years from now.

Just take a look at the winning QBs over the last many years. Its at about 50/50 between star/caretaker.

Brady - A star last year yes.

Johnson - caretaker

Brady - rookie caretaker

Ravens - Dilfer? caretaker.

Rams - Warner star.

Broncos - Elway caretaker retired after the game.

Broncos - Elway caretaker.

Green Bay - favre star.

Dallas - Aikman star

49ers - Young star

Dallas - aikman star

Dallas - aikman star

Redskins - I forget his name, not quite a star but did have a very good year.

Giants - Hostetler caretaker.

It easier to find a caretaker than to create a star.

The biggest drain Drew causes the Bills is that for his production he is overpaid. We can probably find a QB to play as well, but cost less (not figuring the cap hit of releasing Drew). The money difference can be applied to upgrading other positions. That is at least one way and maybe the easiest way to get to the SB. Caretaker QB and money savings invested in other positions on the team.

2nd ranked D, quality WR's, Young stud RB who got over 1K yards, and an average QB= out of the playoffs!

Next arguement.

Case proven...Your QB needs to be at least productive against ANY team to win the SB. Bye Bye Drew!

193797[/snapback]

So what you are saying is that if we score more points than the opposition we will win more games? 

Did you throw any Italian sausage in with those peppers and eggs?

Cold here and drizzle.

194094[/snapback]

no , just eggs and peppers . --- all we need is just 1 more point than the other team to win . :D