2 Rochester fireman murdered, 2 others shot while responding to fire

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

webster is generally a laid back lifestyle, too. lots of xerox employees with well kept houses and open space. just a little east of there is redneck country but why would that factor in here? gotta wait for details to emerge

How unamerican of you.

im sure the families of the dead and wounded are glad you made an ultra cheap political point out of this

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/justice/new-york-firefighters-shooter/

(CNN) -- William Spengler had killed before.

The first time, presumably, was in 1980. Then about 40 years old, Spengler struck his grandmother with a hammer. A year later, he was convicted of first-degree manslaughter in her death.

Flash forward to before dawn Monday, in Webster, New York, a town of about 43,000 people located 10 miles east of Rochester. That's when and where, Police Chief Gerald Pickering said, Spengler presumably set his and his sister's home ablaze, lugged weapons up a hill, then waited.

When local firefighters arrived at the scene, Spengler fired and killed again.

Authorities haven't given a motive for the latest violence, which left two firefighters dead and two other firefighters and an off-duty police officer from a nearby town wounded.

And they can't ask the shooter, who was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head around 11 a.m., about six hours after first calls about the fire came in.

im sure the families of the dead and wounded are glad you made an ultra cheap political point out of this

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/justice/new-york-firefighters-shooter/

(CNN) -- William Spengler had killed before.

The first time, presumably, was in 1980. Then about 40 years old, Spengler struck his grandmother with a hammer. A year later, he was convicted of first-degree manslaughter in her death.

Flash forward to before dawn Monday, in Webster, New York, a town of about 43,000 people located 10 miles east of Rochester. That's when and where, Police Chief Gerald Pickering said, Spengler presumably set his and his sister's home ablaze, lugged weapons up a hill, then waited.

When local firefighters arrived at the scene, Spengler fired and killed again.

Authorities haven't given a motive for the latest violence, which left two firefighters dead and two other firefighters and an off-duty police officer from a nearby town wounded.

And they can't ask the shooter, who was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head around 11 a.m., about six hours after first calls about the fire came in.

What the hell was political about this?

We should let firefighters be armed. They have a right, they should pay for it though, I don't believe in people not buying their own guns.

I am a big fans of Privitizing fire departments & Police departments, our Postal Service, prison system, transportation, & our schools.

Once they are privatized arming them will be much easier and we get the added benefit of taking away their bloated pensions.

Let's give some thought to a type of bounty payment for wing nuts: If you are unhinged and considering some sort of statement shooting, kill yourself first. Then, once confirmed, the state will make payments to whomever you designated in your "final testament."

This is the kind of thinking all these shootings have brought me to.... Human life is no longer sacred, it's become a quantifier of the degree of horror one seeks to splatter on his/her fellow citizens.

We should let firefighters be armed. They have a right, they should pay for it though, I don't believe in people not buying their own guns.

I am a big fans of Privitizing fire departments & Police departments, our Postal Service, prison system, transportation, & our schools.

Once they are privatized arming them will be much easier and we get the added benefit of taking away their bloated pensions.

I'd be fine with the fire departments and postal service. But not anything else. I agree that the pensions are way over the line though.

You can't privatize the USPS. It's an absolutely essential element of our national security.

not anymore due to modern encryption etc... In fact the only thing keeping it viable anymore, is the restrictions placed on smaller packages and letters through the privately held postal companies like UPS and Fed Ex

And it is the only federal agency written directly into the US Constitution.

not exactly... It reads....

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

and says nothing about a bloated and inefficient postal service

not anymore due to modern encryption etc... In fact the only thing keeping it viable anymore, is the restrictions placed on smaller packages and letters through the privately held postal companies like UPS and Fed Ex

not exactly... It reads....

and says nothing about a bloated and inefficient postal service

And UPS and FedEx will mail my First Class letter to my next door neighbor for less than $.44 cents, let alone Pt. Barrow, AK.

??

Cinga, what do you think the first thing that was established in Iraq after we bombed the bejesus out of it? You guessed it...

I'm 99.9% sure this was sarcastic. If not, it should have been.

Of course you Ron Paul pie-in-the-sky zealots see something absurd like this, pop half a chubby and jump right on board. Unbelievable! :D

I'm 99.9% sure this was sarcastic. If not, it should have been.

Of course you Ron Paul pie-in-the-sky zealots see something absurd like this, pop half a chubby and jump right on board. Unbelievable! :D

Just don't bleed in the street, the lazy private donut eaters will send you the bill from the lazy private fire fighters! :o

And UPS and FedEx will mail my First Class letter to my next door neighbor for less than $.44 cents, let alone Pt. Barrow, AK.

??

Cinga, what do you think the first thing that was established in Iraq after we bombed the bejesus out of it? You guessed it...

My point was, Fed Ex and UPS are barred from competing on that 44 cent level for letters and/or post cards. I send full size 8 x 11 envelopes, through UPS all day for a buck each. But nothing smaller than that is allowed by anyone but the USPS.