Average of 85 gun deaths each day in US

Well, my comprehension isn't the best. After reading it again I'm still get getting your point. Both people are using their rights. People have a right to own a gun and people also have a right to information through the freedom of information act. The fact that a person is using that information the concoct a map of where the gun owners are is a complete moron for doing so doesn't filter into the equation when you look at it as a matter of what is a right.

It's looking at crap like this that makes me wonder if the nation isn't really on a path of self destruction.

FOIA does not inherently extend to ALL govt records.

And it doesn't grant the release of information about private citizens.

Go ask your local Animal Control officer to show you a complete list of all the dogs in your town, owners, vaccination records, etc. Go ask a govt funded AIDS clinic for a list of patients.

This is a gross invasion of privacy.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how all the gun lovers tout the safety benefit of having guns in the house arguing it deters would be intruders, yet they go bat$#&% when the names/locations of gun owners are released, which if their claim is correct would maximize the deterrance effect

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Funny how all the gun lovers tout the safety benefit of having guns in the house arguing it deters would be intruders, yet they go bat$#&% when the names/locations of gun owners are released, which if their claim is correct would maximize the deterrance effect

Yet another liberal who doesn't understand consequence. How surprising. <_<

Yes, AD. I as one legally licensed owner of firearms would look forward to the opportunity of having my home burglarized and/or invaded because some self-righteous newspaper deems it proper for my name to appear on a list/map for the world to see. Having my home violated is something I yearn for as does every other owner of legally licensed and purchased firearms does.

Of course my neighbors might be the ones that are victimized if they don't have firearms. But back to the main concept - confronting a home invader.

Yes, my mind thrills to the possibility of grabbing a gun and shooting it in my house and hopefully doing severe - if not deadly damage to complete strangers. I can only imagine how wonderful that day - and every subsequent day of my life would be. And to think, I'll owe it all to a brave newspaper and their staunchly liberal azzwipe editorial board. Hats off to those !@#$tards who've done us all such a great service. The folks in Rockland couldn't have done better, had they taken out an add in the NY Times.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll petition my local paper to do a similar expose. It's such a pure cause.

I keep going back to the Journal News website to find out when they'll make good on this proposed public safety measure:

Map: Where are the Muslims in your neighborhood?

Although the vast majority of Muslims are law abiding citizens, you never know when one may snap and become a Jihadist. It's better to be safe and let neighbors know who is a practicing Muslim so their neighbors can watch them for any suspicious or strange behavior. The Journal News is now collecting this information and it will be come available shortly. CynDee Royle Lambert, editor of the Journal News, has also suggested that Muslims where a golden letter M on their outer clothing in order to identify them when they are in public. More info to come.

NewRochelleblog

[/sarcasm]

So much for the "tipping point"

'Gun control' doesn't survive Christmas

On the day of the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn., we published a chart showing the Sisyphean nature of the national gun control discussion. In the immediate aftermath of a shooting, such as the one that took place in Aurora, Colo., mentions of the term "gun control" spike in the news media. In a matter of days, that discussion all but disappears.

This time was supposed to be different. "It is hard to believe this will not be a watershed moment when we start to talk about, deal with and even perhaps legislate on guns," ABC News's Z. Byron Wolf wrote. He was one among many in the media who believed the momentum for gun control legislation was strong enough to turn the tide on a familiar pattern.

Blame it on the fiscal cliff, blame it on Christmas, blame it on our ability to forget, but the national discussion about gun control has once again ebbed. Mentions of the term "gun control" on television, in newspapers, and in online media are down to pre-Sandy Hook levels, according to the Nexis database.

Barring a post-holidy resurgence -- which is certainly possible -- the gun control discussion has once again gone the way of... the gun control discussion.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/gun-control-doesnt-survive-christmas-153146.html

Perhaps now we could have a discussion that involved practical solutions to school shootings.

Yes, AD. I as one legally licensed owner of firearms would look forward to the opportunity of having my home burglarized and/or invaded because some self-righteous newspaper deems it proper for my name to appear on a list/map for the world to see. Having my home violated is something I yearn for as does every other owner of legally licensed and purchased firearms does.

Of course my neighbors might be the ones that are victimized if they don't have firearms. But back to the main concept - confronting a home invader.

Yes, my mind thrills to the possibility of grabbing a gun and shooting it in my house and hopefully doing severe - if not deadly damage to complete strangers. I can only imagine how wonderful that day - and every subsequent day of my life would be. And to think, I'll owe it all to a brave newspaper and their staunchly liberal azzwipe editorial board. Hats off to those !@#$tards who've done us all such a great service. The folks in Rockland couldn't have done better, had they taken out an add in the NY Times.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll petition my local paper to do a similar expose. It's such a pure cause.

I keep going back to the Journal News website to find out when they'll make good on this proposed public safety measure:

Map: Where are the Muslims in your neighborhood?

Although the vast majority of Muslims are law abiding citizens, you never know when one may snap and become a Jihadist. It's better to be safe and let neighbors know who is a practicing Muslim so their neighbors can watch them for any suspicious or strange behavior. The Journal News is now collecting this information and it will be come available shortly. CynDee Royle Lambert, editor of the Journal News, has also suggested that Muslims where a golden letter M on their outer clothing in order to identify them when they are in public. More info to come.

NewRochelleblog

[/sarcasm]

Each and every person who thinks "outing" private citizens is a good idea should learn a lesson from this. Once again, a powerful entity decided to overstep its bounds and go after those who're individually almost powerless but collectively very powerful. Apparently just a few communicated "threats" forced the previously powerful entity to re-evalute and go to the mattresses.

WAKE THE !@#$ UP, RETARDS.

Funny how liberals piss their pants any time someone in the government wants unfettered access to a person's personal information, unless it's used to advance one of their other whiny causes, then it's okay.

Each and every person who thinks "outing" private citizens is a good idea should learn a lesson from this. Once again, a powerful entity decided to overstep its bounds and go after those who're individually almost powerless but collectively very powerful. Apparently just a few communicated "threats" forced the previously powerful entity to re-evalute and go to the mattresses.

WAKE THE !@#$ UP, RETARDS.

If the libs want to out people openly, and since being gay seems to be okay these days. Why don't they post names of every gay or suspected gay person in the country? You think people wouldn't target them?

If the libs want to out people openly, and since being gay seems to be okay these days. Why don't they post names of every gay or suspected gay person in the country? You think people wouldn't target them?

Where would the data base come from? I suppose it could come from people clicking on the ThinkProgress web site, but that's unfair to those of us that unwittingley clicked on that link provided by an SOB on this site.

Where would the data base come from? I suppose it could come from people clicking on the ThinkProgress web site, but that's unfair to those of us that unwittingley clicked on that link provided by an SOB on this site.

How's that any different than someone who signed up to apply for a gun license. Doesn't mean they got one.

I am sure we could just take a lot of the campaign donor to Obama as another source.

Edited by VABills

How's that any different than someone who signed up to apply for a gun license. Doesn't mean they got one.

I am sure we could just take a lot of the campaign donor to Obama as another source.

We could also start out with that SOB's address book.