Computer Security Question - - - Phantom E-mail Recipient

We have some pretty tech-savvy posters here, so here goes:

I allowed my laptop to install some updates to Windows Vista today, and then got an immediate notice that updates were available for RealPlayer, which I also allowed my laptop to immediately install.

I ran the new version of RealPlayer to watch 1 YouTube video.

I then included a link to that YouTube video in an email message to a few people.

Here's an email delivery failure notice that came back:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

lanrerasak74@yahoo.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;lanrerasak74@yahoo.com

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (lanrerasak74@yahoo.com) [-5] - mta1276.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

_________________________________________________________________________________

That email address is totally unfamiliar to me - - it's not an email address that I specified in my outgoing message.

Three questions:

1. Is it possible that an intended recipient changed their email address, set up some sort of auto-forwarding, and then closed the second account? Seems unlikely (but at least one intended recipient has an email address that I had not sent a message to in over a year).

2. Is there some way for me to find out whether my outgoing email messages are or were being secretly forwarded somewhere without my consent?

3. The delivery failure notice specifies a "Final-Recipient" with a prefix "rfc822;" in front of the non-existant yahoo account name - - does that mean anything?

Seems bizarre. Any input appreciated, as I was paranoid about computer security even before this.

Thanks.

We have some pretty tech-savvy posters here, so here goes:

I allowed my laptop to install some updates to Windows Vista today, and then got an immediate notice that updates were available for RealPlayer, which I also allowed my laptop to immediately install.

I ran the new version of RealPlayer to watch 1 YouTube video.

I then included a link to that YouTube video in an email message to a few people.

Here's an email delivery failure notice that came back:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

lanrerasak74@yahoo.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;lanrerasak74@yahoo.com

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (lanrerasak74@yahoo.com) [-5] - mta1276.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

_________________________________________________________________________________

That email address is totally unfamiliar to me - - it's not an email address that I specified in my outgoing message.

Three questions:

1. Is it possible that an intended recipient changed their email address, set up some sort of auto-forwarding, and then closed the second account? Seems unlikely (but at least one intended recipient has an email address that I had not sent a message to in over a year).

2. Is there some way for me to find out whether my outgoing email messages are or were being secretly forwarded somewhere without my consent?

3. The delivery failure notice specifies a "Final-Recipient" with a prefix "rfc822;" in front of the non-existant yahoo account name - - does that mean anything?

Seems bizarre. Any input appreciated, as I was paranoid about computer security even before this.

Thanks.

Not positive but #1 sounds like it could possibly be the problem. And, possibly he didn't set up a auto forwarding account. I remember a long time ago shutting down a earthlink account and they wanted like 5 bucks to auto forward and I never did it.