RGIII fined $10,000...

That's criminal, actually. If Adidas actually did anything like that, they'd be !@#$ed, and so would RG3.

I'm sure it wasn't official but if you don't think Adidas will return the favor (or this wasn't RG3 returning one)... Youre crazy.

Edited by NoSaint

It's cause Adidas would pay half that just to have him ignore the rule. Easily.

Heck, even at 10k how much exposure did they get?

I think it was PT Barnum who said that "there's no such thing as bad publicity." In some cases it's more true than in others.

I'm sure it wasn't official but if you don't think Adidas will return the favor (or this wasn't RG3 returning one)... Youre crazy.

I'm sure Adidas "has his back."

It might be the right thing technically, I just think the NFL is taking it too far. If they don't allow it, then they shouldn't allow players to have individual contracts with other apparel companies. That's all I'm saying.

Maybe but wouldn't it actually be worse for the NFL to prohibit endorsement deals than their current practice of fining players? I'd bet the players would prefer to have their own endorsement deals.

My guess is Adidas has no problem paying this fine for him (at least in the future).

The fact that there is news of this fine is even better for Adidas

It's even possible that this incident was premeditated.

That's criminal, actually. If Adidas actually did anything like that, they'd be !@#$ed, and so would RG3.

Criminal? It's a violation of the NFL players CBA but it's hardly criminal.