Keep or Cut ??

T master

This is a piece of a article i have read & after reading it what do you think a good coach & franchise would do given the out put of Fitz ? Sure he is a hard worker , a buffalo type of player but not the type of out put we need to be a winning team ...

Starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick might be playing his final two games in a Buffalo Bills uniform.

According to the details of Fitzpatrick's $59 million contract extension, the Bills are in prime position to get out of this agreement after another inconsistent season.

We have learned Buffalo will save $4.45 million in cap space and $7.45 million in actual cash by cutting Fitzpatrick this offseason. Fitzpatrick is due a base salary of $4.25 million and an easy-to-obtain workout bonus of $200,000 in 2013.

However, the biggest litmus test will be a $3 million roster bonus Fitzpatrick is owed in March on the second day of the league year. If the Bills pay the bonus, Fitzpatrick's cap number jumps to $10.45 million next season, which would be suitable for a franchise quarterback.

Fitzpatrick is 18-30 as a starter in Buffalo and has the third most turnovers in the NFL since 2011. The Bills (5-9) must seriously consider this offseason whether he's the long-term solution. Buffalo already paid Fitzpatrick $21.25 million since signing him to an extension in October 2011. That included a $10 million signing bonus last year and a $5 million option bonus this year.

Bills general manager Buddy Nix publicly discussed upgrading the quarterback position several times in recent weeks. He does not sound like a general manager willing to stick with Fitzpatrick as his starting quarterback for $7.45 million next season.

What if Fitz were to agree to a re-structured contract and the understanding that he would be a mentor and backup to the new QB?

I don't want a losing qb mentoring anyone. He has no credibility. Think of last week when him nor Gailey didn't know what down it was, it was first down and they did a qb sneak. Then lied and said it was a broken play or the wrong play. He brings a losing culture.....no offense to you but I think we are better off starting a new chapter.