Which games would we have won with a new QB or coach?

Buffalos#1Fan

So I was talking with one of my friends. He said with either a new coach or QB we would have been in the playoff race this year. If we had both, it would have been a playoff lock. I agree with him completely. Which games do you guys think we would have won if we had either:

1. NYJ 28-48 LOSS

2. KC 35-17 WIN

3. Cleveland 24-14 WIN

4. NE 28-52 LOSS

5. SF 3-45 LOSS

6. Arizona OT 19-16 WIN

7. Tennessee 34-35 LOSS

8. Houston 9-21 LOSS

9. NE 31-37 LOSS

10. Miami 19-14 WIN

11. Indianapolis 13-20 LOSS

12. JAX 34-18 WIN

13. STL 12-15 LOSS

14. Seattle 17-50 LOSS

Record: 5-9

If we had 1 of QB or coach, we would have beat STL and Tennesee for sure. We might have been able to get another win and we'd be at 7-7 or 8-6 right now. What say you?

Good question! There were four losses by less than a touchdown.

7. Tennessee 34-35 LOSS

9. NE 31-37 LOSS

11. Indianapolis 13-20 LOSS

13. STL 12-15 LOSS

I think any (or all) of those games were winnable with a different QB or coach.

Perhaps one or two of the other games (Houston?) would have been winnable as well if they had started a little better. This team does not do well when playing from behind. Chan gives up on the run, and the situation just gets worse.

With a Competent Coach we win St. Louis, Ten, and probably Indi.

With a competent coach and improved QB play.

No guarentees but both NE games are on the table, Houston (it was a tight game)

If, If and Butts were Candy and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!

What ifs abound...a QB with a strong comand of the game like a Scaub (QBR 11th) or Romo (QBR 14th) the Bills should have won Tenn, NE game 2, Indy and St L. Difference between have and have not in the NFL is slim. Difference makers are QB and Head Coach. Chan is a Offensive coordinator in HC clothing. Fitz is a able back up but not a starter. 29 years since they drafted a above average QB...that is a long time.

All of them. Prove me wrong.

That San Fran game is the only one i question.

I can see your point, the momentum swung heavily with Chans poor decision to come out throwing just before half and Fitz's poor execution that led to the int. That sealed the game.

But i agree every other game was very winable IF the Bills had a competent QB that knew when to make passes and when not too. The entire team would be better.

Lets use Drew Bledsoe for comparison. In 2001 the Bills went 3-13. In 2002 with Bledsoe as QB the Bills went 8-8.

Let's say for arguments sake the Bills got a veteran QB like Phillip Rivers or Tony Romo. I think we'd have won another 3-4 games. Even a blow out like the Jets game would be in play.

The problem is these guys just get you to the level of a #6 playoff seed.

Lets use Drew Bledsoe for comparison. In 2001 the Bills went 3-13. In 2002 with Bledsoe as QB the Bills went 8-8.

Let's say for arguments sake the Bills got a veteran QB like Phillip Rivers or Tony Romo. I think we'd have won another 3-4 games. Even a blow out like the Jets game would be in play.

The problem is these guys just get you to the level of a #6 playoff seed.

You know #6 playoff seeds, win Super BowlS, right?

You know #6 playoff seeds, win Super BowlS, right?

Should have said borderline #8-#5 seed. Out of playoffs or wild card.

The QB position must be the fundamental building block. If you go get a guy who is 30 or older & you just make it to the playoffs it's unlikely you can sustain this level over 5 seasons. See Arizona (Warner), Bills (Bledsoe), Favre (Minnesota), Favre (Jets), Montana (Chiefs), Palmer (Oakland).

With a rookie QB you get 5-8 seasons before your guy turns 30.

With a team like the 49ers or Denver who made the playoffs in 2011 inspite of their QBs Smith / Tebow, then it makes sense to go get Peyton Manning.

The Bills haven't proven they can get close to the playoffs with talent around a mediocre QB, so it doesn't make much sense to add a veteran QB. By the time the rest of the team would be built the QB would be well past their prime.

Good question! The answer is just about all of them!

The jests, QB also donated that game.

Plus a REAL head coach gets rid of Wanny a LLLOOOONNNGGGGtime ago!

I'd say with the right HC we should be 9-5 at worst. add a quality QB and we could be 10-4.

There is good talent on this team. Still some holes but good talent.

Could ask the same question and just replace coach and QB with defense and DC...The defense lost more games this year than Gailey and Fitz did. I want Gailey gone too but Wanny and his defense lost the first half of the seaon. Gailey cut his own throat with loses to the Colts and Rams with very porr game decisions.

So let's look at the four games Fitzpatrick throws a beautiful intereception in the last couple of minutes . So if we had a QB that throws a completion which 2 of them were in the endzone we are talking playoffs.... Enough said... This team need to find their franchise QB... Someome that you can surround with some talent and he can exploit that... Go Bills!! You also need a coach that can exploit a persons talents and mold a game plan around that... That's what good coaches do .... The Bills have not had that since 98.... Bills are in desperate need of both coach and QB!!!!