Well the symbolic "Plan B" dies in conference

dayman

well first off i don't do either of those things but if i did, my spending would have little effect on the economy as a whole. and i would curb it immediately. the gov't does that and a couple whole generations are likely to be much poorer over night. this needs to be done gradually. starting with increased revenues on the richest makes the most sense.

But this kind of outlandish spending did start suddenly. Why should it take 20 years to supposedly get it under control?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cartoon_122212_A.jpg

this is such bs.. much of the "spending with the boys" was the result of 2 neocon propagated wars. yet the cartoonist presumably finds social programs like those that would protect those 2 babies, extravagant. it boils down to the same philosophy that foils gun control: "if all else fails, i can take what i want with force." that's a very expensive philosophy. Edited by birdog1960

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324731304578193770576333616.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Mr. Obama repeatedly lost patience with the speaker as negotiations faltered. In an Oval Office meeting last week, he told Mr. Boehner that if the sides didn't reach agreement, he would use his inaugural address and his State of the Union speech to tell the country the Republicans were at fault.

At one point, according to notes taken by a participant, Mr. Boehner told the president, "I put $800 billion [in tax revenue] on the table. What do I get for that?"

"You get nothing," the president said. "I get that for free."

If he was a king, He'd be known as "Obama The Arrogant".

this is such bs.. much of the "spending with the boys" was the result of 2 neocon propagated wars.

That is BS, the deficit explosion under this administration is due to its own poor economic policies, not the Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns.

You do yourself a disservice bd by repeating such cliched nonsense..................neocon propagated wars. ....pure unadulterated BS

You misunderstand the political cartoon completely, I suggest another (open-minded) look.

are you blind or do you just not choose to see? http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/29/us-usa-war-idUSTRE75S25320110629. 3.7 trillion and that was last spring. could have paid for medical care for all of the uninsured for many years with the money going to businesses that produce something other than arms or mercenary armies.

and i get the reference in the cartoon that by sticking to his guns (pun intended), obama is walking away from american families. nothing could be further from the truth.

whystartwithonlytherichestiftheplanistoincreasetaxesoneveryone whyshoulditbedonegraduallyeither thatdoesntmakesense theyshouldtakeitallandgivebackwhattheythinkyoudeservebasedonyourneed wouldntitbebettertohaveeveryonesharinginthewealthofallafterallitisonlymoneyandthegovernmentprintsitandifthereisntenoughofittogoroundtheycaneasilyprintmoretogivetothosewhoaresoinneed

whystartwithonlytherichestiftheplanistoincreasetaxesoneveryone whyshoulditbedonegraduallyeither thatdoesntmakesense theyshouldtakeitallandgivebackwhattheythinkyoudeservebasedonyourneed wouldntitbebettertohaveeveryonesharinginthewealthofallafterallitisonlymoneyandthegovernmentprintsitandifthereisntenoughofittogoroundtheycaneasilyprintmoretogivetothosewhoaresoinneed

$3.7 trillon. a reply with only one word and many numbers.

are you blind or do you just not choose to see? http://www.reuters.c...E75S25320110629. 3.7 trillion and that was last spring. could have paid for medical care for all of the uninsured for many years with the money going to businesses that produce something other than arms or mercenary armies.

and i get the reference in the cartoon that by sticking to his guns (pun intended), obama is walking away from american families. nothing could be further from the truth.

So, a study that projects spending out until 2020 is being used by you to quote money spent as of "last spring"? How can you say borrowed money should be spent on healthcare for the uninsured? Do you not read the stuff you post and quote?

So, a study that projects spending out until 2020 is being used by you to quote money spent as of "last spring"? How can you say borrowed money should be spent on healthcare for the uninsured? Do you not read the stuff you post and quote?

it's money already spent. the true cost of the wars. i say that's relevant especially since we're likely to go over the fiscal cliff over several 100 billion dollars which is dwarfed by the 2 trillion or so already spent on the wars which bought us what exactly?

my point on the uninsured is the obscenity of our national priorities not that we should have borrowed money for that in a vacuum....

it's money already spent. the true cost of the wars. i say that's relevant especially since we're likely to go over the fiscal cliff over several 100 billion dollars which is dwarfed by the 2 trillion or so already spent on the wars which bought us what exactly?

my point on the uninsured is the obscenity of our national priorities not that we should have borrowed money for that in a vacuum....

It's not been spent. 20 academics got together to come up with a study on why war is bad and try to place a price tag on it.

Boehner had a nearly impossible task.. He's got a house that is dominated by a number of fiscal hawks and a W.H that predominantly fears its base. We're probably at the very least heading into a mild recession. Maybe I will be wrong, won't be the first or last time.

Boehner had a nearly impossible task.. He's got a house that is dominated by a number of fiscal hawks and a W.H that predominantly fears its base. We're probably at the very least heading into a mild recession. Maybe I will be wrong, won't be the first or last time.

agreed...welcome back magox. can we trade tasker for you?

aren't you out of the investment biz now. what's your guess on what this does to the markets if were both right here?

Yeah, unfortunately I am. Well, from my perspective I feel like most things are overpriced. That the markets are/were too confident that something would get resolved. But with the power of printing presses it seems to distort everything. So I'm not really sure. But if we happen to be correct and we fall into a technical recession than you would think that the market would drop. Typically as a rule of thumb, recessions = 20% drops from highs. I don't know

Edited by Magox

It's not been spent. 20 academics got together to come up with a study on why war is bad and try to place a price tag on it.

so what would you estimate the cost of the wars to be (excluding of course the lives ruined)? less than a trillion ?(for those who have trouble with huge numbers = 1000 billion and again boehner and obama and their factions are fighting and risking a recession over 500 billion or so).

so what would you estimate the cost of the wars to be (excluding of course the lives ruined)? less than a trillion ?(for those who have trouble with huge numbers = 1000 billion and again boehner and obama and their factions are fighting and risking a recession over 500 billion or so).

So Obama upping the ante half a trillion dollars from what had been previously agreed to is Boehner and Obama's mutual fault? You seem so sure of things, like a recession won't happen even with an agreement. You are just an idealogue.

Mr. Obama repeatedly lost patience with the speaker as negotiations faltered. In an Oval Office meeting last week, he told Mr. Boehner that if the sides didn't reach agreement, he would use his inaugural address and his State of the Union speech to tell the country the Republicans were at fault.

At one point, according to notes taken by a participant, Mr. Boehner told the president, "I put $800 billion [in tax revenue] on the table. What do I get for that?"

"You get nothing," the president said. "I get that for free."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324731304578193770576333616.html?mod=WSJ_hps_LEFTTopStories

Now you tell me, Who keeps moving the goal posts?

He did win the election. But let's be real here, the election wasn't about the opposing visions, polls even the one's I thought were skewed consistently showed that people preferred Mitt Romney on the Economy over Obama. The election was about how Mitt Romney didn't care about the poor (some self-inflicted wounds, but mostly hundreds of millions of dollars worth of personal attack ads), how he evaded taxes, how he shuttered factories, his stance on immigration and the perceived view that the R party is anti woman. The only real mandate of this past election is immigration reform. Other than that, there is no mandate.