Carroll is a scumbag

I've hated him since that game in New England where we got hosed and walked off the field and he went for two points without the defense contesting it out of protest and then he tried to claim that the extra point might come into play in a tie breaker situation.

I can't wait until that sack of sh-- gets busted for cheating.

I'm sure that OU has never done that before....what goes around comes around.

193684[/snapback]

Exactly! What were they supposed to do? Start taking a knee in the first half? At least they kept it entertaining. I don't see anything wrong with going for it on 4th down. It was a short distance and allowed them to keep the ball. Besides I love watching OU fall apart in bowl games. They have a long history of it.

Also, Auburn was hoping for a close game so that they could get a chance at a split title. USC made sure that there was no doubt who is NO 1!

And lastly, get used to it. If Leinert stays for another year, you will see Pete Carroll hoist the trophy again next year.

I don't disagree with you....but it doesn't change the fact Pete Carroll is a jerk.

193732[/snapback]

yeah, I agree Carroll is a dick...I hate him...but I ain't cryin' for OU, just like I would never cry for Nebraska if they got their asses handed to them, these are teams that constantly humilate lowly opponents...now they are on the other side . :D;)

4th down up 38 points and they go for it?

I hate that piece of sh--.

So when someone goes for it on 4th down up by 38 they are a scumbag, but if a 250 pro athlete takes a sucker punch at a fan who is being held by two other people, you put their picture as your avatar and label it "one punch".

oh, i get it.

yeah, I agree Carroll is a dick...I hate him...but I ain't cryin' for OU, just like I would never cry for Nebraska if they got their asses handed to them, these are teams that constantly humilate lowly opponents...now they are on the other side . :D  ;)

193804[/snapback]

yer a meanie.

It was in the 4th quarter. The game was over and they had already made their point. They could have kicked a field goal to go up 51-10 but they went for it.

I'm sorry, but I have never seen Bob Stoops go for it on 4th down in the fourth quarter of a blow out.

If you are up 63-0 and hand it off on first and 10 and your guy goes for a TD there is nothing you can do about that, you aren't going to tell your backups not to score, but going for it when you should be kicking a field goal is just classless and typical Pete.

What, Oklahoma never ran up the score? It's what they do in college football. If USC beats Oklahoma in a close game then someone is going to argue that Auburn is the real #1, just like some argued USC was #1 last season. By winning by such a huge margin, USC pretty much put that to rest.

For the record, Oklahoma beat Houston by a score of 63 -3 last September. In the Big 12 championship game they beat Kansas by 42-3.

I don't know if I like Pete Carroll or not, but if I've got a college football team I want him as my head coach.

What, Oklahoma never ran up the score?  It's what they do in college football.  If USC beats Oklahoma in a close game then someone is going to argue that Auburn is the real #1, just like some argued USC was #1 last season.  By winning by such a huge margin, USC pretty much put that to rest. 

For the record, Oklahoma beat Houston by a score of 63 -3 last September.  In the Big 12 championship game they beat Kansas by 42-3.

I don't know if I like Pete Carroll or not, but if I've got a college football team I want him as my head coach.

194295[/snapback]

Exactly. The stupid BCS system almost demands teams run up a score. Letting OU stay anywhere close to them without earning it would have given Auburn wiggle room to demand a share. It's a damn shame the Tigers can go undefeated and not get a slice, but there is no questioning that USC is the sole big bad mofo in college football right now.