The Blame Game

section122

The self defense or murder thread caught my interest and I continued to follow it after it got moved to PPP, after coming back multiple times I am left with this thought...

Do people care more about who's fault it is that problems exist within this country or that they exist and need to be solved? It seems to me that every economic issue is blamed on bush/obama, every human rights issue is blamed on the left or right, sandy hook is it guns fault or mental health?

The country is in deep financial trouble and people can't wait to say it's Bush's fault, did you see what he did for 8 years? Or it's Obama's fault, I can't believe he bailed out banks and the auto industry! Why not use this board to brainstorm solutions?

Gay Marriage/Abortion/Marijuana.... The right? Hates everyone and it is there fault the country is so filled with hate. The left? Stupid hippies want everything legal and want the government to pay for it! Shouldn't compromises be sought out on the issue?

Guns? Take them all away they are the reason these murderers can kill so many people vs. guns don't kill people, people do! Isn't there a middle ground somewhere?

Mental health? They are a criminal just like any other vs oh he/she has (insert mental illness here) it isn't their fault. Doesn't the answer fall somewhere more towards the middle?

I think too many people are to quick to place blame for what is wrong without looking at every aspect. If you identify as a liberal or conservative it shouldn't mean that you hate everything republican or democrat.

People should evaluate each and every issue independently and if you find yourself hard lining a stance ask yourself why? Shouldn't our opinions be flexible and maleable as we learn more information? Beliefs set in stone are a very dangerous thing and something that seems to be pervasive on this board. Am I wrong in that thought or these thoughts in general?

btw: I fall in favor of gay marriage, woman's right to choose, legalization, against gun laws (with the exception of high capacity clips/automatic weaponry), the economy - cutbacks as well as less tax breaks for the rich and mental health is to long to get into in this topic. So for those keeping score that's left, left, left, right, middle, and middle.

Edited by section122

Politcal message boards are about calling others Retards and find content that substantiates your claim with a Google search....

Nice answer......................................................................................................................................jerk !

lol

I was with section today and told him I would venture into PPP land as well.

The whole left right center nonsense doesn't click for me. Politics have never been my thing, I use my own moral compass to make my decisions.

Can't say much but I can tackle the last paragraph FWIW,

1. economy and legalization------------------legalize it everywhere ASAP, instant revenue stream how much simpler could this be? 21 and up show ID just like some booze.

2. gun laws---------------------------------------no one needs a 30 shot clip.......i do need a handgun so i can protect my house when things go bump in the night

3. gay marriage----------------------------------i guess i would be considered old fashioned, it doesn't click for me, that being said do what you want gay marriage is okay (different strokes for different folks) but I don't need to see Bill and John kissing in front of my children.......seems free speech is okay unless you are talking about Gay/straight the media and society frowns on anyone who naysays it so i guess i will fall in line as expected as well so no one comes and sticks a pitchfork up my behind.

4. womens right to choose---------------------definetly yes "no romance without finance" i don't need more taxes taken from me to cover shanequa and ron-rons baby formula.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Everything's a free for all except the things I dont like.

Those need to be strictly regulated.

I said it in another thread....if youre so open minded and willing to compromise, lets do it this way:

Guns are banned.

So is abortion.

Deal?

Edited by RkFast

I said it in another thread....if youre so open minded and willing to compromise, lets do it this way:

Guns are banned.

So is abortion.

Deal?

Nah, I'll pass. Population of stupid would increase 1000%, or by a factor of 3.5...

Guns are banned.

So is abortion.

Deal?

you need to drop that premise..... one a few retards want to outlaw guns, and they're retards.... you're better than this

I am buying a gun in January, actually pretty excited. I have been thinking about it since May when our house was robbed....

you need to drop that premise..... one a few retards want to outlaw guns, and they're retards.... you're better than this

I am buying a gun in January, actually pretty excited. I have been thinking about it since May when our house was robbed....

As a gun owner you'll have to improve your reaction time.

As a gun owner you'll have to improve your reaction time.

LOL- its pathetic, I know. I have still not installed the door clubs on our doors, but we did have our basement windows replaced with laminated glass..... I am in the process of doing a built-in for a safe in our hall closet that will house the safe for our gun, valuables, etc.

I mean, its only been 7 months,,, geeezzzz....

Mostly I want it for my wife, she is gong with me to pick it our.... do they make pink pistols??

LOL- its pathetic, I know. I have still not installed the door clubs on our doors, but we did have our basement windows replaced with laminated glass..... I am in the process of doing a built-in for a safe in our hall closet that will house the safe for our gun, valuables, etc.

I mean, its only been 7 months,,, geeezzzz....

Mostly I want it for my wife, she is gong with me to pick it our.... do they make pink pistols??

I got one for my ex before she was my ex. Sweated things out for awhile.

I was with section today and told him I would venture into PPP land as well.

The whole left right center nonsense doesn't click for me. Politics have never been my thing, I use my own moral compass to make my decisions.

Can't say much but I can tackle the last paragraph FWIW,

------------------------------------no one needs a 30 shot clip.......i do need a handgun so i can protect my house when things go bump in the night

Unless you're up against someone who has one. 9 shots may not be enough. Should be, but what if he's running and dodging and weaving? What if there's two intruders? Do you want to be the nut left behind? Dropping your clip in the heat of the moment and trying to jam the next one in? Trying to find the next one? Home defense man!

Really, don't even get a handgun or semi-automatic rifle. Get a shotgun for home defense.

I appreciate the compliment, but there are A LOT of people right now that are calling for an outright ban on firearms of any sort.

I think its a good premise only to show the hypocrisy of it all.

I appreciate the compliment, but there are A LOT of people right now that are calling for an outright ban on firearms of any sort.

Yeah, people like that are annoying- their answers is always "ban everything".... it that Utopia, perfect world type thinking...

Really? What I'm seeing are a lot of people asking for sensible gun laws (like the two gents above in this post, including the OP) such as limits on assault weapons and large clips and the right and NRA saying "over our dead body" to use an apt metaphor. Did you catch Wayne LaPierre of the NRA's speech this morning? You'd have thought it was straight out of SNL or the Onion. Batsh*t crazy.....