It's the End of the World As We Know It

/dev/null

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes... but remember that the Mayans lived in our hemisphere's time zones.

That's what I was thinking. But the Mayan Empire itself spanned multiple time zones. Will their Apocalypse occur all at once or will it be like when Jim Nance tells us that 60 Minutes will be seen in it's entirety following the game, except on the West Coast?

I brought this up with someone at work last week, so after the Mayans prediction for the apocolypse, whats the next date predicted that we will be looking forward to?

Is there another one, cause if not, I was thinking of getting in on the predictions and coming up with my own.

Next one I'm aware of is 2038.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

Basically the UNIX version of Y2k

i love this town

even if this crap would happen, we have 26 years to fix it. FO you think it'll be enough time? Omg were all gonna die.

Depends on whos job it would be to fix it

I'm sure in teh next 26 years, the majority of all computer systems running things in this world will have been replaced atleast once or twice with new systems that they can be fixed to solve this issue, or atleast push the issue to a later date where it becomes the futures problem and not ours......

Depends on whos job it would be to fix it

I'm sure in teh next 26 years, the majority of all computer systems running things in this world will have been replaced atleast once or twice with new systems that they can be fixed to solve this issue, or atleast push the issue to a later date where it becomes the futures problem and not ours......

ah!!! The great feeling of pushing off the problem to someone else. ;-)