Naaman Roosevelt: Not a Patriot

PromoTheRobot

https://twitter.com/...121561128366082

He must be on the roster because he has no PS eligibility left. Let's see how a WR who wasn't talented enough for the Buffalo Bills does with Tom Brady throwing to him.

(EDIT: It has since been revealed that this tweet was incorrect. Naaman did not sign with the Pats.)

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He must be on the roster because he has no PS eligibility left. Let's see how a WR who wasn't talented enough for the Buffalo Bills does with Tom Brady throwing to him.

PTR

i cant say the patriots have some overwhelmingly great WR grouping that makes it a much greater feat than making our roster. AFC East wrs are pretty dismal all around.

its about the best spot possible if hes going to shine though. wish him well.

The kid is only a legend here because he was a local boy playing for the Bills. He struggled to stay on this team and people were blindly rooting for him cause he played locally for UB. If he was from any other place no one would mention his name here

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Why shouldn't we root for him. His entire football career, from high school to the pros, was in Buffalo. How often does that happen?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The kid is only a legend here because he was a local boy playing for the Bills. He struggled to stay on this team and people were blindly rooting for him cause he played locally for UB. If he was from any other place no one would mention his name here

there are literally dozens of him around the league.

honestly the guys that tend to fill slots 6-7 on any given roster, the practice squad, and the first call ups for late season injuries are all VERY close in talent and skill at WR. they will shuffle around quite a bit during their careers. typically being familiar with a coach on the staff from either a previous NFL team, or college is the quickest way they find a job come december as you want to know that this is a guy that can pick up your system quick.

if this amounts to more than a quick bandaid role for him with the pats, congrats for sure though.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Why shouldn't we root for him. His entire football career, from high school to the pros, was in Buffalo. How often does that happen?

PTR

it makes for a cool story but ultimately, unless hes the best player for the job, its not the right reason to keep him. Root all day. what i think he was saying was some act like hes the next GREAT wr that is going to turn the league upside down, but everyone on our staff has missed it, and somehow also kept him a secret from the rest of the league.

sidenote: is this actually confirmed? i dont know anything about this source and see many asking him where he got it.

there are literally dozens of him around the league.

honestly the guys that tend to fill slots 6-7 on any given roster, the practice squad, and the first call ups for late season injuries are all VERY close in talent and skill at WR. they will shuffle around quite a bit during their careers. typically being familiar with a coach on the staff from either a previous NFL team, or college is the quickest way they find a job come december as you want to know that this is a guy that can pick up your system quick.

if this amounts to more than a quick bandaid role for him with the pats, congrats for sure though.

it makes for a cool story but ultimately, unless hes the best player for the job, its not the right reason to keep him. Root all day. what i think he was saying was some act like hes the next GREAT wr that is going to turn the league upside down, but everyone on our staff has missed it, and somehow also kept him a secret from the rest of the league.

sidenote: is this actually confirmed? i dont know anything about this source and see many asking him where he got it.

thats exactly what i was getting at

I have no problem with him, but you know theres many here that will use any amount of production from him on another team as another way to create multiple threads on how poorly run this organisation is for not recognising the amazing Roosevelt while he was here.

False:

Naaman Roosevelt@nyce18

Thanks everybody but I didn't sign with the pats

and it comes full circle. its a shame for him.

sadly with the pats, depending on how they think rumors broke or how far it got, it might really hurt his chances. despite what some may consider negativity towards him, id love to see him do well still.

He struggled to stay on this team because we had no use for a capable route runner who is always in the expected place and has velcro hands - he wasn't a burner like Graham or a big guy like Jones or Nelson. Well hey y'all guess what, being in the right place and hanging on to the ball is important too