Obama takes no action on gun control;

Groupon Inc. has stopped all current and future gun-related deals, bowing to customer pressure a month after the deadly mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

http://www.latimes.c...0,1312978.story

Yeah, that's real smart. Why would we want people getting a discount on gun safety classes? What possible advantage could there be to knowing how a gun works and how to properly use it. And I'm sure criminals are going to say, "Darn, I can't save $40 on a gun class?! Well, now I can't go mass murder people. I've been foiled!" :wallbash::wallbash:

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns, ammo, magazines, and any other gun related accessories are flying off the shelves in record numbers. Many gun shops are no longer even taking orders for their merchandise, saying that when customers see the items on the shelves is when the item will be available. Everything is backordered for months. Manufacturing and distribution can't keep pace with the demand for these items.

But...

Groupon stopped some type of gun "coupon".

So that means that public sentiment is against guns?

This is some of the stupidest **** I've ever read on here.

Just read some more Joe_The_Crusader's posts. You'll be in a quandry.

Edited by 3rdnlng

IN FORBES:

Why Doctors Should Not Ask Their Patients About Guns.

Doctors already have a professional and legal responsibility to notify the authorities if they believe patients pose an imminent threat to others or themselves. But routine inquiry about gun ownership goes far beyond this obligation. Such inquiries will instead only offend and alienate many responsible gun owners, compromising the trust essential to the doctor-patient relationship. Doctors should not put themselves in a position where patients view them as willing (or unwitting) agents of the government working against their interests.”

Gee.......I thought the government wasn’t supposed to interfere in the doctor-patient relationship?

I want to hear Joey-6 speak to how public opinion is voiced via e-coupons and not via hard data some more.

Joe should have come with me to get my handgun certificate recently, or he should have gone with me to buy my handgun this week. He'd figure out quickly it's like Black Friday at WalMart at gun shops right now and the last thing anyone wants or needs is a freaking coupon.

Joe should have come with me to get my handgun certificate recently, or he should have gone with me to buy my handgun this week. He'd figure out quickly it's like Black Friday at WalMart at gun shops right now and the last thing anyone wants or needs is a freaking coupon.

A couple coworkers went to a gun show in Hampton over the weekend. $800 ARs were going for 2 large.

Clinton had the dotcom bubble

Bush had the housing bubble

Obama looks like he may have a gun bubble developing

A couple coworkers went to a gun show in Hampton over the weekend. $800 ARs were going for 2 large.

Clinton had the dotcom bubble

Bush had the housing bubble

Obama looks like he may have a gun bubble developing

Well, that is one way to stimulate the economy. Lord knows he's clueless about how to do it any other way.

I can't believe that Obama has so far missed the opportunity to suggest a giant tax on guns with annual Federal registration fees. He must be saving that for the debt ceiling negotiations.

He should have used executive powers declared it a national emergency and confiscated all assault weapons.

He should have used executive powers declared it a national emergency and confiscated all assault weapons.

So he should have thwarted peaceful gun ownership by perpetrating gun violence against American citizens on a massive scale and blatantly disregarding the Constitution?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I can't believe that Obama has so far missed the opportunity to suggest a giant tax on guns with annual Federal registration fees. He must be saving that for the debt ceiling negotiations.

Would never survive a court challenge. Poll taxes were deemed unconstitutional because it violates the 14th and 15th amendment. Citizens have a right to vote and therefore do not have to pay a tax to exercise that right.

Same argument would holds with gun ownership and the 2nd amendment

Would never survive a court challenge. Poll taxes were deemed unconstitutional because it violates the 14th and 15th amendment. Citizens have a right to vote and therefore do not have to pay a tax to exercise that right.

Is there not a sales tax on the purchase of firearms?

The tax is on the sale/purchase of merchandise and is not specific to firearms. Plus sales tax is done at the state level, not the Federal

And California loves to tax anything that moves. Every year I'm reminded of how ridiculous this country is when remembering that last year's income tax refund is this year's taxable income. So after loaning to the government money that was already taxed once because your withholdings were off, the government then gives you back your money, and proceeds to tax it again as new income.

We absolutely deserve the government we get.

So he should have thwarted peaceful gun ownership by perpetrating gun violence against American citizens on a massive scale and blatantly disregarding the Constitution?

Dude, he's trolling... Leave him him be so he can masturbate to his Manti Teo posters on his door.

The tax is on the sale/purchase of merchandise and is not specific to firearms. Plus sales tax is done at the state level, not the Federal

Now that I've set the hook, would our constitution allow states to have a poll tax?

Edited by 3rdnlng

That's not true its challengable. Does the "right to bear arms" mean any kind of arms, like semi automatic assault weapons, that weren't in existence when 2nd amendment was passed? Is "right to bear arms" an unlimited right, and if not where does it end?