Obama takes no action on gun control;

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People in this thread: "ranting about over my dead body and I'll rise up is stupid. the government can dominate you either way"

TYTT: "you are dumb"

Yes, that's exactly my point, you myopic twit...

I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that you're lauding laying down, as others trample on your rights, in an act of devout cowardice as the best course of action; while simultaneously dismissively goading those people of standards and courage who would oppose tyranny.

German men, of your particular persuasion, disarmed the Jews before you systematically exterminated them. Men of mine stopped you.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Yes, that's exactly my point, you myopic twit...

I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that you're lauding laying down, as others trample on your rights, in an act of devout cowardice as the best course of action; while simultaneously dismissively goading those people of standards and courage who would oppose tyranny.

German men, of your particular persuasion, disarmed the Jews before you systematically exterminated them. Men of mine stopped you.

Haha. Perhaps the clearest example of your grandiose delusions.

Haha. Perhaps the clearest example of your grandiose delusions.

I've noticed a pattern with you.

Every single time that you are unable to debate a topic by applying real human values, cause and effect, abstract philosophy, and/or actual data you resort to the only tools at your disposal: what you envision to be ad-hom attacks (which come off as petulant and lacking in depth), poorly constructed strawmen, and goal post shifting.

Is there anything else to you, cardboard man, or is your quality only as thick as your corrugation? I'm betting the latter.

I've noticed a pattern with you.

Every single time that you are unable to debate a topic by applying real human values, cause and effect, abstract philosophy, and/or actual data you resort to the only tools at your disposal: what you envision to be ad-hom attacks (which come off as petulant and lacking in depth), poorly constructed strawmen, and goal post shifting.

Is there anything else to you, cardboard man, or is your quality only as thick as your corrugation? I'm betting the latter.

Men of your irk beat the nazis...men of mine let them run rampant...I'm really not fit to discuss things with you

Men of your irk beat the nazis...men of mine let them run rampant...I'm really not fit to discuss things with you

So your answer to my last question is a resounding "NO!" then?

As much as I figured. By the by, a brighter man would have noted that I used the word "German" as opposed to "Nazi" as they mean very, very different things.

So your answer to my last question is a resounding "NO!" then?

As much as I figured. By the by, a brighter man would have noted that I used the word "German" as opposed to "Nazi" as they mean very, very different things.

Just don't proclaim that you will or encourage others to protect their freedoms by resisting enforcement of laws you don't like through violence against fellow citzens enforcing it. And we have nothing to talk about.

Just don't proclaim that you will or encourage others to protect their freedoms by resisting enforcement of laws you don't like through violence against fellow citzens enforcing it. And we have nothing to talk about.

Just don't insist that any man has the authority to infringe on my, or any other man's, rights and I'll lack anything to proclaim. Until that day, learn to make a better argument. A good start would be choosing the side standing on the moral, logical, and intellectual high ground for a change.

Just don't insist that any man has the authority to infringe on my, or any other man's, rights and I'll lack anything to proclaim. Until that day, learn to make a better argument. A good start would be choosing the side standing on the moral, logical, and intellectual high ground for a change.

The basis of my problem with you comes from your rhetoric particularly earlier in the thread. Think as you will, say what you want about the issue I could care less...but parroting this whole "take it from my dead hands" and going on and on about the inherent right to resist through violence if necessary...that's nonsense

The basis of my problem with you comes from your rhetoric particularly earlier in the thread. Think as you will, say what you want about the issue I could care less...but parroting this whole "take it from my dead hands" and going on and on about the inherent right to resist through violence if necessary...that's nonsense

I don't give a skinny rat's ass what your problem with me is. Take your fiat declaration about what you define to be nonsense elsewhere. Nothing you've said here has demonstrated any sort of qualifications to speak to the concept of rights.

Tell me, very specifically, what are rights? What separates right from wrong? From what moral authority does the concept of a right derive? Can a right be infringed upon?

Go. Earn your qualifications.

Why is it nonsense?

If this was common popular sentiment in 1775 we would be pledging allegiance to a different red white and blue flag.

Why are people so quick and willing to give up their rights which have been passed to them paid for in blood

Just don't kill anyone or defend someone as a hero who does. That person as a right to breath regardless of your opinion on what must be done to protect your gun.

No. You haven't earned the qualifications to speak to what rights are.

Again: "Tell me, very specifically, what are rights? What separates right from wrong? From what moral authority does the concept of a right derive? Can a right be infringed upon?"

Exodus! Movement of Jah people!

Ya know, this is the very first time I've ever enjoyed your contributions. I've always enjoyed Marley as a poet, and you've added depth to my understanding, and given me an even deeper appreciation.

I sincerely thank you for that.

It"s the old "if you can own guns, why not atomic bombs?" argument. They think it's clever and ends the debate.

It's certainly not clever, and is easily dismissed both philosophically and economically. Edited by TakeYouToTasker