Jones & Moats to IR

PromoTheRobot

-successfully replaced by a rookie his last 2 teams

Plus, like John said - starter last year (fitz....) and threw for 3000 yards despite injury (fitz.....)

Hmmm.....

I'd like to see how he looks but much like tebow in NY, there's almost no win here. He has a ton of tape and practices daily so you should have a good read. He looks awesome and it's off with your head for not switching sooner, he looks awful and it was no gain swapping. It's a move for fan morale, more than evaluation if you make it in late December.

was told by Jones' agent, Cliff LaBoy, that the illness is related to the calf injury and not serious. did not expand on how Jones hurt his calf.

jw

I bet it's a blood clot. That means 3 months minimum of blood thinners. No hitting allowed during. I caught a puck on my calf and got a clot. Only just got back on the ice.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So Marcus Easley will finally get to lineup as a wideout?

Doesn’t look good for this week, he hurt his hamstring last week and will probably be out. Maybe in the finale but Chan will probably play Ruvell Martin instead. :doh:

-successfully replaced by a rookie his last 2 teams

Even more reason to start T-Jax these last 2 games…maybe we can make it 3 for 3.

Plus, like John said - starter last year (fitz....) and threw for 3000 yards despite injury (fitz.....)

Hmmm.....

I'd like to see how he looks but much like tebow in NY, there's almost no win here. He has a ton of tape and practices daily so you should have a good read. He looks awesome and it's off with your head for not switching sooner, he looks awful and it was no gain swapping. It's a move for fan morale, more than evaluation if you make it in late December.

Plus his contract is expiring, so even if he looks good, you need to sign him to a new deal, and he needs to be willing to take it. After being inactive for 14 straight games, with the coach heavily implying that he's too stupid to learn the playbook, would T-Jax be very interested in returning, even after starting the last 2? If he was promised the starting job and given a significant raise, probably. But that would be a huge risk for the team based on just 2 starts in meaningless games.

The T-Jax trade was a minor gamble that lost. There's no way of turning it from a loss into a win, so I have no problem with keeping him on the bench for the last 2. If nothing else, just so that he can't be sold as the change we can believe in next year, based on a couple decent performances in meaningless games. The guy's been a starter for what, 3 seasons? If he was going to be anything great, we'd have seen it by now. He's not terrible, but he'll never be a major upgrade over Fitz. And if we're going to bring back Chan, we should be swinging for the fences with our next QB, not trying to bunt for a single. If we swing and miss, the team crashes, Chan's fired (that's a good thing), and we take another swing at both coach and QB.