What Incredibly Idiotic Move Will the Bills Make in the Offseason in a

This really should be a poll but I'm to lazy to set it up. OK, now. Here goes. The Bills "braintrust" decides it's more important to have Aaron Williams on the roster than Colin Kaepernick or Andy Dalton, more important to have Kelvin Sheppard than Ryan Mallett and more important to have T.J. Graham (!) than Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins. So clearly, this offseason will be utter desparation time for Nix and/or Gailey (assuming either one is still here) to obtain an NFL-quality starting QB. Options include:

1) Trading a #1 for Matt Flynn or Cousins;

2) Using a Top Ten pick on someone who shouldn't go in the Top Ten (Barkley, Jones?);

3) Sign an over-the-hill FA (Michael Vick?).

If these are the options, I'd rather go with 3 - Vick or someone like him. I don't want to waste a Top Ten pick on a QB reach, either through trade or draft.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really should be a poll but I'm to lazy to set it up. OK, now. Here goes. The Bills "braintrust" decides it's more important to have Aaron Williams on the roster than Colin Kaepernick or Andy Dalton, more important to have Kelvin Sheppard than Ryan Mallett and more important to have T.J. Graham (!) than Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins. So clearly, this offseason will be utter desparation time for Nix and/or Gailey (assuming either one is still here) to obtain an NFL-quality starting QB. Options include:

1) Trading a #1 for Matt Flynn or Cousins;

2) Using a Top Ten pick on someone who shouldn't go in the Top Ten (Barkley, Jones?);

3) Sign an over-the-hill FA (Michael Vick?).

If these are the options, I'd rather go with 3 - Vick or someone like him. I don't want to waste a Top Ten pick on a QB reach, either through trade or draft.

Trading our first for Cousins would not be an idiotic move. This team must roll the dice on a "QB of the future" and he's looking like the best bet IMO. If he doesn't pan out then at least they tried.

What would be idiotic is putting a busted up "Vick" band-aid on the problem.

In My Humble Opinion: Of your three choices, the first two could turn out ok, and the third one would be the least likely to benefit the team in the short term or the long term. Especially Vick. People are saying now that paying Fred Jackson was dumb because he is getting old and injury prone. What does that make Vick?

Offense

1. get as many run first QBs as possible M Vick, V Young, ( Tebow or Pryor if cut loose) pick up Collin Klein in the fifth

2. FA grab a couple TEs (Jared Cook, Michael Bennett) bring back Fendi Onobun

3. FA Reggi Bush or Felix Jones

4. 3 TE 1 RB 1 WR base set

5. no huddle, hurry up, is run the entire game, no punting

6 QBs replaced when winded

7. 40 percent RB runs, 25 percent QB runs 25 percent short passes 10 percent deep passes

Defense

1. CB 1. RDE 2 LBs speed and three down players needed

My predictions. Fire Chan, hire Norv. They won't draft a QB again because they will wait until the 3rd or 4th round and the guy they want will be snatched away. Really, it won't matter cause Norv didn't get crap out of Rivers, he won't get much out of any rookie.